Posted 17 September 2020

Saxon Softest 4 ply quilted white toilet rolls 16 pack

Has anybody had experience of this product?
I bought a pack last month and am not happy with it. The fourth layer (the underneath one) is not attached to the other three layers and is not quilted. Every roll, right through from start to finish has been like this. Is this normal for this product to be poorly made or have I bought a rogue pack?
Any recommendations for good value 3 or 4 ply quilted toilet roll would be helpful. White only please - no perfume eg. coconut, aloe vera etc.
Community Updates
New Comment

8 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Nicky elite is the unofficial HUKD members go to bum fodder.
    Author
    ScubaDudes17/09/2020 21:08

Home Bargains and farmfoods, sure someone else will be able to add to …Home Bargains and farmfoods, sure someone else will be able to add to those two.

Have had a look on the Nicky website but unfortunately their 3 ply product has a perfumed balm. I can’t use anything like that. Back to the drawing board unfortunately.
    Author
    ScubaDudes17/09/2020 19:22

Nicky elite is the unofficial HUKD members go to bum fodder.

Not seen that brand locally. Which shops stock it please?
    flex17/09/2020 21:03

Not seen that brand locally. Which shops stock it please?

Home Bargains and farmfoods, sure someone else will be able to add to those two.
    Author
    ScubaDudes17/09/2020 21:08

Home Bargains and farmfoods, sure someone else will be able to add to …Home Bargains and farmfoods, sure someone else will be able to add to those two.

Many thanks. There’s a Home Bargains 15 miles away from me. Rarely go there as the road system / roundabout is a real pain and B&M is next to Tesco which is an easier journey. Will make a point if going now.
    I've found Asda Shades to be good too.
    Author
    Niche12317/09/2020 21:32

I've found Asda Shades to be good too.

Thanks but I am looking for a 3 ply quilted brand that has no colour dye, balm or perfume.
    1st world problem for sure.

(In any mass production there will be foul ups, if you have never experienced this before then either you have lived a feted life).

serial number in the loo roll inner? ..contact manufacturer / shop & moan for a refund voucher.
    If it is that bad why did you persist? ..get on their contact line & express your bottoms disdain for the separation leading to potential for stinkfinger.

PS, if you find a decent one post it here.
    Personally we tend to use cushelle 3 ply & 4 ply, .think about it though the more ply the more chance of failure via bonding technique used in production, ..there will always be a fail. (edited)
's avatar