Posted 8 September 2023

What are some essential items for the gym

I’m about to go gym very soon, but of a stupid question but I wanted to know from your perspective what are some things that are essential for when going to the gym. And if there are any deals going on, like shoes and clothing as a man
Community Updates
New Comment

15 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    ...willpower.
    Headphones to drown out the grunting and crap music usually played
    What headphones do you use for the gym? I need to but don't know what is good as so many to choose from
    Definitely water bottle. And if you're at my local The Gym then a mobile phone so you can sit at the equipment scrolling every 5 mins between sets
    Before, during and after sets, in my experience.
    Wear clothes your comfortable in, same with trainers. Just don't wear jeans
    Tshirt and pair of joggers will be fine
    small towel and a water bottle
    Bottle, combination padlock, towel
    Sliders if showering (and shower gel and towel)
    Author
    Nice one forgot to acknowledge shower gel but don’t see anywhere if my gym has showers
    Access to YouTube so you can learn how to use machines when you aren't sure how it works.

Consider looking into protein powders, bcaa etc. Shaker bottle.

Comfortable clothing (joggers, shorts etc), sports/running trainers, could consider gym gloves to avoid rough skin on your hands if that's a concern.
    Wrist straps can be considered when lifting heavy weights.

Back pack and padlock for lockers. Do not leave your stuff in the changing room outside the locker, or in a locker without a padlock. (edited)
    Protein shakes, if not 250ml milk and crack 2 raw eggs will do as Eddie says.
's avatar