Posted 14 hours ago

What's the loophole Wren use to not sell this dishwasher as advertised?

4277407-eDiEv.jpg

If I went into Wren tomorrow and asked for this deal they'd tell me it's not valid, only part of a full kitchen blah blah blah. But I've read the T&Cs and I can't find anything that explicitly excludes it. 5.1 talks about "XX% Off" and "£XX Off" but I don't think this is advertised exactly like that. Basically I'm asking if there is a chance of being able to make them honour this!
Community Updates
New Comment

12 Comments

sorted by
's avatar

Also please link to the website you're talking about in the future to make it easier to help you
    Did you purposefully miss the terms and conditions that state "Offer applies when you buy 5 or more units." That you conveniently missed where you ended yours
    You clearly missed it as the
    offer applies when you buy 5 or more units
    promo applies to fully built kitchen units, not appliances.

If you go to the AP.DW.NEF.172 dishwasher product page the purchase restriction is clear and doesn't require any further clarification:
    This product is available to buy in our showrooms as part of your kitchen package
    with no mention of any mandatory minimum 5 or more units, just a "kitchen package" that the OP chooses to buy.

51939519-6rZVP.jpg
    There's no "loophole". Bottom line is they don't have to sell it to you at all, never mind at a misprice.

citizensadvice.org.uk/con…ce/
    As @Iain stated, pretty much no retailer has to sell an item to you.

You're welcome to ask of course...and they can simply refuse.

Your only recourse would be to report them to Advertising Standards, but they're rather toothless. But if it really miffs you, then jump through their hoops and do so! (edited)
    Not sure they are that toothless, I've reported several adverts and the ruling is often just that the cannot be used anymore, but they still take action.
    The exclusion stated on Wrenkitchens product page is not a loophole.
    Author
    "loophole" is a bit strong maybe, but it's definitely an attempt to be slightly misleading. It's one of the first things you see when you go on the Wren website. On face value it's £149, you don't normally have to go digging through T&Cs to see why you can't buy something that's advertised in that way.
    See the little asterix (*) - it's not difficult to find the details:

Terms & Conditions* Learn more about our current offers and promotions , as well as our pricing .

** UK's Number 1 Kitchen Retailer see here .

1 Offer applies to the following Infinity Plus unit types when you buy 5 or more units with 20% off: 1 Door Base, Drawer Sink/Hob Base, Appliance Base, L Corner Base, Feature Open Base, 1 Lift Door Wall, 2 Door Wall, L Shape Corner Wall, Feature Wine Rack Wall, Pull Out Tower, 600 or 450 + 140 Appliance Tower, L Shaped Corner Carousel. Offer applies to the following Infinity unit types when you buy 5 or more units with 15% off: 1 Door Base, Drawer Sink/Hob Base, Appliance Base, L Corner Base, Feature Open Base, 1 Lift Door Wall, 2 Door Wall, L Shape Corner Wall, Feature Wine Rack Wall, Pull Out Tower, 600 or 450 + 140 Appliance Tower, L Shaped Corner Carousel. Winter Sale Phase A Ends 10th January 2024.

1 Offer applies to the following Infinity Plus unit types when you buy 3 or more units with 20% off: All 2 Door Robes, 1 Door Bridge, 3 Drawer Bedside, 4 Drawer Chest, 6 Drawer Chest, Robe Internal 2 Drawer, Robe Internal 4 Drawer and Top Box. Offer applies to the following Infinity unit types when you buy 3 or more units with 10% off: All 2 Door Robes, 1 Door Bridge, 3 Drawer Bedside, 4 Drawer Chest, 6 Drawer Chest, Robe Internal 2 Drawer, Robe Internal 4 Drawer and Top Box. Winter Sale Phase A Ends 10th January 2024.

† Subject to Status. You must be 18 years and over and a UK resident for the last 3 years. Minimum spend and minimum 10% deposit required.

Finance provided by Creation Consumer Finance Ltd which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registered Office: Chadwick House, Blenheim Court, Solihull, West Midlands B91 2AA

Wren Kitchens Limited, The Nest, Falkland Way, Barton-upon-Humber, DN18 5RL (Company Registered Number 06799478) is a credit broker and not a lender.

To contact Wren Kitchens please visit our contact details page here
's avatar