Posted 30 August 2023

Where to buy (branded) BEER glassware? Where to buy single BEERS instead of four/six-packs?

Hey all,

As a Dutch person, soon going (again) to England, Great Yarmouth. I would like to ask;

Question 1: Where can I buy beer glassware? I would be looking for some nice pint glasses, like Guinness and some other nice looking glassware (but not sure which brand yet). Or is there a good way to get them for free, with promo pacs for instance? Lost holiday I tried my luck at some charity shops, but with no luck.

Question 2: I noticed last holiday that many beers are not sold individually, but in multipacks. For instance, Brewdog's Black Heart. Ofcourse I bought the four pack. But I prefer to decide on buying a multipack after trying single beers. It goes without saying that I want to make the best choice possible on the beer I bring back to the Continent.

Kind regards,
Martijn from the Netherlands

P.S. Black Heart was nice!!
Community Updates
New Comment

24 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Thanks. Some interesting stuff there and some at decent sale prices
    Unofficially the answer is to order a beer and then put the glass in your bag afterwards!!
    Author
    thanks for the replies everybody! This helps, I'll best just collect the guts to ask the bartender, and keep an eye out for those giftpacks ;-)
    Dare I say the "C" word? Yes it's coming up to Christmas and a lot of places are starting to get in their Christmas stock which includes gift sets with a couple of drinks in it and often a promotional glass to match.

Worth looking in Supermarkets eg Tesco / Asda but also places like B&M & Home Bargains and see what they have if you are looking for an honest way of acquiring your stock of glasses.
    just go a pub and get a table and when you drank it put in your big bag
    As said above ‘ go to Witherspoons ‘ order a pint of whatever glass you require and the glass come free ……….Honest !
    If I were you, I would talk to the bartender if there's a glass I really like, I'm sure they would either give it to you for free or charge you a quid or 2 to keep it. This way you have a story to accompany your glass.
    If yiu want to purchase individual beers, then I would try the bigger supermarket's website first to see what is their selection. I know that Waitrose, M&S, Tesco, Morrisons does sell a wide selection of individual bottles and cans.
    Have a great holiday!
    I got a box of them for free, think there is still almost all in the box up the loft
    Check larger supermarkets, especially mid summer and near Christmas.

I collect beer glasses and I got a Heineken one last week from Morrisons as well as 2 Birra Morretti (spelling?) from Sainsburys. I have the most luck at Sainsburys in general. 

Places like discount dragon also have them sometimes - they’ll show up here as a deal.  

Highly recommend checking corner shops or off license for individual cans or bottles. They will often have local beers too.

As for glasses. As others have mentioned, you could ask to buy them from the pub (the honest way to do things). Or I have purchased branded beer glasses for my father online.
    Author
    thanks!
    Some breweries have a online shop where you can get branded glasses or other merchandise. Also some breweries may have a store at the brewery or give you a glass when you do a brewery tour.

for example
    Merchandise - Ringwood Brewery
    look for a local brewery with a taproom and you should get some much better beer and some original glassware have a good break
    It's a good point - buying branded glassware isn't easy - saying that the majority of my branded glassware came from gift packs - these are usually sold year round in off licenses and the larger supermarkets. You will certainly see more of them on shelves on the run up to the festive season.
    Author
    thanks!!
    Have a look on FB marketplace, a few pop up there for around £1 each
    Author
    Great suggestion as well!!
    If you are going near Waterloo station, the Hole in the Wall often has glasses on the side which you can take.

Home Bargains occasionally has some as well.
's avatar