Posted 7 September 2023

Another online mattress question

I know everyone is different, but if spending around £600, would u go for an online type, rem-fit, Emma, etc, or go to a bed shop and pick one?
I'm sort of on the online side because of the 100/200 night return policy.
Thoughts? And which one did u go for?
Community Updates
New Comment

13 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    I'd go for a proper sprung mattress with gel topper or wool filling.

There online ones are just hype with no reply support (ie springs) and just won't last.

Just ordered my folks one from costco which was on offer last month.
    costco.co.uk/Fur…643
    Thank you I just found a natural mattress for my daughter - didn’t even think of Costco!
    Author
    Went to a bed shop last weekend and totally put me off with the hard sales talk.
    Go to an independent bed shop without the hard sell.
    Just had a mattress & bed delivered today from Benson for Beds, proper sprung mattress, don't like memory foam ones, we went there to try them out.
    The trouble with trial ones is that the only thing available are the most popular designs in terms of body support.

If this suits you then you have plenty to choose from in shops without the cost of the trial in the price. If it doesn't suit you then you're just wasting time. (edited)
    places like argos also offer 100 days exchange and sell a lot of brands.
    All this talk of beds, I've just unwrapped ours & they've sent a base with glides & not legs, I'm bloody fuming means I've got to go there Saturday & argue the toss as it doesn't say glides or legs on the invoice, but we definitely said we wanted legs & they can't just send legs as the base is different!!
    Try all free trials. But read trust pilot to see if any are funny with giving refunds. I think Emma was one of them so avoid. Whole purpose of free trial is to find the one you like so you can come back to it if you like it.
    I bought rem-fit couple months ago, unfortunately it is too hard.
    Return and refund went through smoothly.
's avatar