Posted 2 days ago

Free VPN - ProtonVPN

Free VPN for anyone who is desperate and doesn't have funds at this time. Worth a punt.
https//protonvpn.com/fre…vpn
Community Updates
New Comment

23 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    I've been using the free version since I ditched NordVPN over endless cashback issues.

I believe you are automatically allocated a base country for connecting. Mine is always Netherlands. You can request a diff server and are assigned at random, but only once every 90 minutes.

I have had servers in Romania, USA, Spain and Japan so far.

Speeds seem solid, seems reliable, and based on this I'll prob sign up for the paid service when I need it.
    Do you need to speak to support to get the random server or is there a button in the app for it? I use their app infrequently but never seen that option
    Or if you have family and/or a few buddies, a one-off payment for lifetime sub to a commercial VPN offering is around £1.65 each, minimum purchase 15 connections.

Even if only five buddies club together it is less than a fiver each for a lifetime solution - where the provider also offers monthly subs so has recurring income from non-lifetime customers to defer the lifetime demise of the provider or the world; whichever occurs first.

Each connection supports router installation to protect multiple downstream devices on one connection, p2p, unlimited server/country switching, internet kill switch, etc, etc.
    fastestvpn.com/pro…eal

Obvsly still costs money, but v little - certainly more than Proton - but definitely offers far richer featureset for the minimal outlay,
    with none of the upfront risks associated with alternatives such as cashback-reliant options.
    Thanks!
    cheers
    Can you stream/torrent with this?
    Does it work with firestick?
    yes
    no
    I am using their Proton Pass service and very pleased with it. They are non commercial, Switzerland based and heavily focused on privacy.
    You get bombarded with adverts on the fire stick, just pop up all the time
    If you wish to waste time playing battle of the reviews you will find for & against,
    but my personal experience wins hands-down for me with my non-affiliate zero bung review stating no issues for my £1.65 lifetime sub running on Asus router,
    and no issues with multiple £1.65 lifetime subs running on multiple personal & wider family devices.
    It's a lifetime sub for £1.65 a connection FFS.
's avatar