Posted 22 October 2023

Is Sky Stream easy to cancel?

I'm looking to take advantage of the free trial of Sky Stream, just to see what we're (not) missing out on. But in case it ends up as we expect, I'd like to know how easy is it to cancel?

For example, straightaway on their offer page they say;

Sky Entertainment & Netflix £0 for 1 month. Renews automatically at £29 a month unless cancelled. Cancel anytime. Prices may change during this period

Then a bit further down it says;

Cancel anytime with 31 days' notice

Also, what about the pucks? I remember towards the end of my last Sky subscription they loaned kit rather than gave it to you, is that still the same with the pucks?
Community Updates
New Comment

11 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    I've just logged into my nowtv account out of interest and they're offering 3 months of entertainment for £2.99 per month, (I haven't had a subscription for a while now)

So wonder if you've got anything similar on your account?

Or if not what about signing up with a different email as a new customer, take out the free 7 day trial but cancel before it becomes payable to see if they offer anything.
    Author
    You're a star!! I've just logged into my account and the 3 months of £2.99 is there. It never even occurred to me to log in as my existing user, I naturally assumed a brand new user would get the best deals.

Thank you so much, I think that'll be the best option.
    acoording to currys.co.uk/sky…tml

Sky Stream Pucks are loaned to you at no cost and must be returned when they are no longer registered on your account
    Hi I wouldn’t recommend you take out the stream. I had the 1 month free which I took out, set it up, had hd/uhd package added and add free, despite that picture quality was not at a standard, some recordings did not open, and ads , I returned back within a week, they still charged the full amount from my bank, not waiting if received a refund or not, stick to sky q
    Anyone who signs up today will have kit loaned to them and needs to return it.

This wasn’t the case when it first launched though. So if you want to own your kit you can buy earlier models from the likes of eBay, cash converters, cash generator etc. and pay the upfront cost to get one you keep and can start and stop your subscription on easily.

As for cancelling, you have to call up customer services and go through the usual process to end a Sky Stream subscription. It’s easy enough but certainly not like their Now TV brand where you can just click a button online. You’ll be sat on hold for a while, and also have to decline various retention offers, then wait for either a returns box or their courier (Panther Logistics) to pickup the puck.

Don’t join for the free trial unless you are genuinely considering keeping the product afterwards… And speaking as someone who did subscribe for a couple of months - I don’t personally think it is something worth keeping. As of my attempt 3 months ago it still didn’t feel like a finished product, still full of bugs and niggles, and a vastly inferior product to their satellite offering.
    Author
    Many thanks for the detailed response, that is really appreciated. We've been looking forward to Internet based Sky for quite some time, we used to have dish Sky but we have just enough trees surrounding the house that no matter where the dish is, we lost signal in summer. Given that we already have Netflix, Disney and Prime it made sense to stay with internet TV. If it is still a bit rough I might stay away.

However, this free trial is almost entirely based on us wanting to watch Cobra Rebellion. We enjoyed the first two, but we seemed to have timed our subscriptions badly and ended up without Sky or NowTV. If NowTV had a currently active trial we'd do that instead. Even so, I am wondering whether paying for a month of NowTV still works out a better option than the troubles of 'free' Sky Stream.
's avatar