Posted 2 October 2023

Secure bike lock but lightweight if possible

I am looking for a secure bike lock, which I understand need at least gold sold secure rating. I am looking for one that is as light as possible, but could cope with around 1kg!

Any recommendations please? Thanks.
Community Updates
New Comment

7 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    I've never used it to lock to a bike frame so I couldn't say for sure. I use it as extra security at home and lock my bikes to an iron frame in the shed. It's big enough to go over 2 mtb frames at once.
    Hiplok DX is a D lock diamond rated, weighs about 1.5kg (guessing) but is quite compact. I would easily take it with me in my cycling bag
    Author
    my friend has the hoplock DX and it weighs just over 1kg. sounds like the one to go for, except i had reviews that it wouldn't be suitable for bikes with a bigger frame than the sleek bikes and if the bike stand is not the standard thickness and is a little bit thicker. have you had any issue with getting it to lock because of the size? what bike have you got?
    Good to see your looking for a bike lock rather than the bolt cutters

hotukdeals.com/dis…955

Quick Google found this

LITELOK CORE FLEX is the lightest Sold Secure Gold-rated wearable bike lock on the market, for cyclists looking for high security and extra flexibility.
    I use seatylock foldylock.

It’s not lightweight at all, but you just store it on the bike (in its cradle) when you are actually peddling.

seatylock.com/?rf…382
    Author
    yeah, i have seen that. how heavy is it and is it diamond sold secure?
's avatar