Posted 27 September 2023

Shield TV box

I've had a Nvidia Shield TV box for years, but have always had it connected via ethernet cable & never had any problems. I've recently bought a TV for the bedroom & have the shield box running via WIFI and it's constantly dropping the WIFI signal, which is driving me insane! Can anyone make any suggestions please, as to how to stop this, as Vodafone are saying that there's no problem with the WIFI
Community Updates
New Comment

20 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Do you have any other issues with connecting devices in the same room. Might be just a poor signal in that room
    Author
    I don't have problems with any other devices in the same room
    Mine was doing the same thing 2017 model. It's only about 8ft away from the router, ended up using an Ethernet cable and had no problems since
    Author
    My hub is in the living room & this room is next door, so ethernet cable isn't an option unfortunately
    I had WiFi issues on mine too, but setting the IP address to a static IP seems to have made it more stable, might be worth a try.
    Author
    How do I do that please? Do I set that in the router settings, or the Shield?
    May well be no problems with other wifi-connected devices in same room but how many of those devices are at same position & same height?
    Check congestion of wifi channel & change if nec.
    Rotate device 45° / 90° / etc
    Raise height of device, & optionally rotate.
    Consider placing device on metal tray (marginal).
    Router in next room = perfect to drill hole for cable;
    if drilling not an option, consider running flat ethernet cable under carpet / behind skirting / picture rail.
    If CBA messing or experimenting, just marginally increase elect bill by using powerline.
    Try connecting the box from your hotspot on your phone and see if you get the same problem . (edited)
    How far is it from the router? Is it connected to 2.4GHz or 5GHz?
    Author
    It's in the next room & I don't have problems with any other devices in this room. I'm not sure how it's connected, as when I look at connected devices it doesn't have names, only what seem like codes "ESP" etc
    You can try using Powerline adaptors to set it up as Ethernet again.
    Author
    I don't have access to the hub in this room, so how do I do that please?
's avatar