Posted 22 September 2023

Spotify ‘Supremium’ plan / tier could be close to launch - May include lossless music and audiobooks

Spotify’s long-anticipated hi-res tier, which was announced near the end of 2021 could be close to launch.

According to Redditor Hypixely, (Credit to them) who's been digging around on the Spotify app, has found a treasure trove of information, which you can find below. FYI ''Supremium'', is called ''Nemo'' internally by Spotify.

The new plan includes:

• 24-bit Lossless music (they don't refer to it as Hifi anymore)
  • They claim that "their technology has no lag and delays"
  • Ability to make playlists with AI
  • 30h of audiobook listening every month
  • "Access to included audiobooks listening hours is only available to plan managers of Individual, Duo, and Family plans"
  • Ability to filter your library by mood, activity and genre
  • Advanced mixing tools
  • Customize the order of a playlist by BPM or danceability, or use "smart order" to create the best sequence using key and tempo
  • Enable smooth transitions which uses set cue points to seamlessly transition between tracks
  • Filter by moods and genres in a playlist
  • Soundcheck: tells you about your listening habits and discover what mix of sounds is "uniquely you"
  • Price seems to be $19.99 (Likely to be similar in other Countries but let's wait and see)
  • Normal Premium accounts get 20h of audiobooks per month.
  • Mentions of Nemo Duo and Nemo Family.

At that price point, this would put Spotify inline with the likes of Tidal, which is currently £19.99 for the Hi-Fi Plus Tier.

Worth a read here alsoSpotify Just Increased Their Subscriptions Prices And Amazon Music Unlimited Is Next: What Are The Alternatives?
Community Updates
New Comment

6 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    This is the UK, no way will it be £20. Nearer £25 i reckon.
    Author
    I really hope not but it wouldn't surprise me
    personally, no use to me. I keep my podcast, music and audiobook apps completely different. lossless/hifi, im not a audiophile so doubt i'll notice the difference.
    Author
    That's a fair point

I'm wondering if it'll be more with a family plan also, very likely....
    hopefully its better than tidals lossless
's avatar