Posted 11 hours ago

Suspected car oil leak.

Had a major service done at Halfords auto centre near my home reviews aren’t to bad considering the amount of hate Halfords gets for cars.

anyway had a lot of work done and there was a oil leak I was aware of recently purchased a car with one new driver. Halfords said on the major service they found the problem and luckily it was just a oil sensor £65 in total to sort but only a few weeks later and my parked car has a puddle of oil looks to be from the engine area.

what should I do as Halfords said it was fixed. No oil warning light is on but yeah thanks guys pics below
Community Updates
New Comment

5 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Author
    Pics won’t load unfortunately
    Step 1.

Take your car back to Halfords, ask them to verify their work, and if it's leaking from the oil sensor then they will fix it free of charge.

Step 2, see what they say and go from there, but don't be pressured and if you feel unsure ask an independent garage for a check over
    Have you had a look yourself to see if you can pin point the leak or are you not a car person? Might be just something simple.
    Put something under the car to see if more comes out when you start it
    Find a proper local mechanic, give a location and someone on here might give you a lead.

Major service, what a joke.
    £200 max using top quality oil and parts max

For my car 5008 they want £309.99.

It costs me £180 a year for 5 years at a Peugeot main dealer £14.99 a month interest free.
    Year 1
    Oil & filter, Adblue Plus a wash and vac.

Year 2
    Oil & filter, Pollen filters, Brak fluid change, Adblue 10l top up.
    Plus a wash and vac.

Year 3
    Oil & filter, Adblue Plus a wash and vac £28 MOT

Year 4
    Oil & filter, Air filter,Pollen filters, Brak fluid change, Adblue 10l top up.
    Wheels off and brakes cleaned and adjusted. Plus a wash and vac £28 MOT

Year 5
    Oil & filter, Adblue Plus a wash and vac £28 MOT
    Wow! £180 a year for effectively an oil and filter change

Should just go for a major service every year if its only £200 max!
's avatar