Posted 24 November 2023

The Harrington 2000 Pocket Natural Mattress - King Size - Bedworld

Update 1
We have received and noticed a number of complaints regarding the product that has been delivered. This has been flagged and the merchant is now suspended.
This luxurious mattress features two rows of side stitching and brass air vents to help keep your mattress fresh for many years to come, and turning handles are also sewn onto the border of this mattress for easy manoeuvring.

Info added by

Details

Our Harrington 2000 mattress is the perfect mattress handmade in the United Kingdom by a highly skilled team.

The Harrington combines a superbly comfortable blend of pocketed spring with lambswool and pure viscose upholstery.

This luxurious mattress features two rows of side stitching and brass air vents to help keep your mattress fresh for many years to come, and turning handles are also sewn onto the border of this mattress for easy manoeuvring.

Your Chelsea Bed Co mattress is hand-tufted, this ensures the upholstery remains in place and prolongs the longevity of the mattress.

Features

• MATTRESS DEPTH - 20cm
  • PRODUCT FILLINGS - Wool
  • SPRING/FOAM TYPE - Pocket Springs
  • TENSION - Medium
  • BRAND - The Chelsea Bed Co

4248152_1.jpg
Community Updates
New Comment

318 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
  1. Pinned
    We have received and noticed a number of complaints regarding the product that has been delivered. This has been flagged and the merchant is now suspended. Please continue to share feedback and please feel free to tag me if you have any major issues e.g with customer support / lack of delivery info. (edited)
    51645353-dK4cz.jpg51645353-Tg685.jpgVerdict is in...

Mattress is fine. Seems "Firm" but comfy to lay on as mentioned in the description. Feels pretty bog standard but there were no extras on the description, so that was expected.

I'm not a mattress expert and I wasn't actively looking for a mattress as such, so don't really know current prices.

Is it worth £700. Hell no.
    It's probably worth about 300.
    Definitely a bargain for 170 delivered.

I guess will see how my sleep is
    Update: So, I slept on it last night.

It's a little firm for me but I had a decent night's sleep. I'm someone who likes a softer mattress, but I'm aware from most comments that people do prefer firmer mattresses. I have a mattress topper on too.

If the manufacturer date is correct, it will take a while for the mattress to be broken in. I remember thinking my last mattress was too hard for the first few weeks. So I assume it will soften and my body gets used to it.

I still stand by my original post. Hopefully this puts everyone's mind at rest and can decide if they are happy with a 300 quid mattress for 170, or cancel.
    Went to one of their bricks and mortar stores....Generally I've seen mattresses rated as Firm, Medium and Soft. This Harrington mattress was softer than the softest Soft mattress that I have ever seen. Manager of store himself said it was an over priced basic mattress and was actively encouraging me to look at alternatives in the store that were cheaper. Sat on the edge of the Harrington and it crumpled completely = no edge support at all.
    god thats not a promising sign, i really do not fancy a soft mattress at all. the description states "medium tension" - so apparently nothing to do with that then?!

seems like i might need to trek to the nearest bed world after all.. 🤦🏽‍♂️
    Really starting to get cold feet on this deal... The reviews in google maps near London area are really poor (esp. compared to DFS and Dreams), and Trustpilot reviews seem a bit suspicious.

Then the story of their director and employees fly-tipping furniture last year is just awkward.. 😁

51612201-Cg7eR.jpghuddersfieldhub.co.uk/fly…on/
    Clearly shows the owners mindset. Not going to give any business to them
    Definitely a price glitch, update the title and watch people flood in 😁
    Or don't so that those who have ordered stand a better chance of having their orders fulfilled.
    Description is lacking but this looks to offer fantastic value. Pocket springs are the best support layer you can get wool is one of the better and more breathable comfort layers. 20cm depth isn't a lot of room for too strong GSM of fillings but provided the 2000 in the name denotes the spring count (it normally does), this is likely worth a punt. Medium will prioritize side sleeping although back sleepers should also find support sufficient if average weighted.
    I ordered and cancelled but I have since tried it out in a Bedworld store today. It's not an £800 mattress that is for sure but for £170 it's a pretty good deal.
    What was the price in store ?
    Use bed6 for further £10 off. I doubt it will he honoured but doesn’t hurt spending it on credit card in case if they call to ask for more money. i’ll then cancel the order. And if the mess around refunding, credit card company can then deal with them.
    Put in my cancellation email to info@bedworld.net, despite me having Cash on Delivery order

Felt like this mattress would be no different to those sold from the back of vans (edited)
    Had a phone call confirming delivery date next week. After the above comments i went to my local store to check it out, fully expecting to be disappointed and to cancel. But I was actually pleasantly surprised! It is for my guest bedroom and seems amazing for the price. The store assistant was totally shocked at the price I got it for, she said as far as she can remember the price had never really shifted form around £700, and had no clue about the website misprice that had happened. She said it isnt a big seller in the store mainly due to it being one of their higher prices mattresses. It wasn't too soft and felt fairly well made. Not as comfortable as my Simba Hybrid Pro I have for my own bed, but amazing value for a guest bedroom, so I am definitely keeping my order so far
    51623505-2IGub.jpg51623505-G8GWK.jpg51623505-bT1jS.jpg
    It looks on the photos way thicker than 20cm as stated on the website. Was it thinner comapared to other king sizes in the store or the info on their website is incorrect?

Edit: Something doesnt add up here. I just compared pictures of this matress from Chelsea Bed website to yours and on the website it have 3 squares on the side, while yours have 4 (same as Sloane 3000 which looks identical but is visably thicker). Would they be that dodgy to label Sloane 3000 as Harrington 2000 for stores demo to trick customers into buying thinner mattress?
    51623912-74AIi.jpg (edited)
    A genuine 2000 pocket spring mattress in king size should be really really heavy, like a single person should struggle to move it alone, I'm guessing a weight of about 50kg ish or more. I've had John Lewis pocket spring and they weigh a lot so I know what is good quality and what's not, cheap mattresses are light and thin and can be thrown around easily.

If it arrives and it's light as a feather like a cheap mattress then I will know it's a cheapie pretending to be expensive and just refuse it their and then.

I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt here, they may make a small loss of £50 per mattress on 300 of these which I'm sure they can absorb but they gain from reputation boost and a potential future customer base. Don't write it off yet. (edited)
    Quick Update. Just spoke with them.
    They said it was a price error
    All the orders will be cancelled in 24 hours. They were surprised at number of orders they have received.
    Why??? Why would you alert them?!? :/
    They have 4.5 star reviews and obviously have had a lot of happy customers. 90% of those bad reviews are due to delivery issues (not their fault) or just warehouse mess ups. This doesn't look like any more bad reviews compared to any other brand/shop. Infact it's quite low.

Check out Dunelm (which I think offer good quality), it is on 3.7. or B&Q with 1.7.

Everyone is freaking out and getting cold feet. It makes no sense for them to not be honest with this. If they are not selling, put them down to 400-500. They can't send you something else otherwise they would be in trouble. They don't want bad reviews either.
    Just had mine delivered, 24cm deep, single sided manufactured 2-Dec-2023 and seems to be worth £170, but not the £700 as sold as. I'm still surprised BedWorld honoured this.
    Yeah I did receive mine as well, doesn't look exactly like in pictures, sides look different in terms of stitching. Almost makes me think they made custom order new ones a few days ago to match the misprice.
    Mine arrived today unannounced, and it's impressive for £170. Weighs a ton, was struggle to get it up the stairs, very good for the money, after testing a few yesterday for a non memory foam topped one (which most are) it's impressive. Very comfy and great quality, relatively firm as well which is great.

Very happy with the purchase.
    This sounds like a lot of BS to be honest. There was one small delivery guy who carried the mattress all by himself on his shoulder, wasn’t that heavy at all. Then as I asked for my mattress to be taken which weighed a lot more he could not carry and had to get help from to carry it out.
    Mine has been delivered too. I found it on the hard side (which I wanted). The guy had loads and asked if I wanted another. I'm guessing all the cancellations have had an impact if they've just done a new batch run. No complaints here, great post op!
    yeah he asked me if I wanted another one
    Ordered it. I like my mattress but the wife doesn’t. So no skin if they cancel! 
    Send her to the spare room
    What options will you have when something else arrives in few weeks (not a theoretical questions according to reviews)?

Do any of us even know how a genuine Harrington 2000 mattress should look like apart from comparing it to the picture on website or tearing it apart and counting springs ?

Delay is probably because they are looking where to order hundreds of cheap mattresses to put harrington logo on .. can't imagine they are willingly taking it at loss.
    That would be mis selling and they would be in serious trouble if it was found that’s the case.

I’m going to trust them. See what I get.
    Anyone had a refund? Now telling me to allow at least 7 days due to increased requests.....

Looking at Express Bed's last set of filed accounts, they owe more than they have in assets. Will go to paypal dispute if no refund at the end of the week.

Also makes no sense that Bedworld has a chain of stores, Express Beds Ltd registered address is a house in Dewsbury (edited)
    I've had the same. Requested to cancel and they replied to say they would cancel it, however I haven't received any cancellation or refund email but received a further reply to say to allow 7 days due to increased requests.
    I went today to see it and requested a refund straight after. Wasn’t convinced to be honest and would rather pay a little more for something I spend a third of my day in!
    51619513-eHwIf.jpg
    It was too soft and just didn’t look like quality to me.
    Mine has arrived. Really heavy and quite firm. Hoping I’ll get used to it. Been looking for a mattress for a while. Thanks op.
    It is very heavy isn't it. Very good quality, packed with wool and you're right, it is firm as advertised and I'm glad, was worried about a cheap saggy mattress which will hurt your back over time.
    Excellent feedback. Many thanks.
    cheap but 20cm deep only
    Just received confirmation of refund.
    Just got an email to say it's being honoured! Glad I didn't cancel.
    Delivered today. Nice and comfy. Around 25cm high. It's like in the description "medium" definitely isn't firm
    Got mine yesterday. Slept beautifully. Been looking for a decent mattress at a decent price for over a year. Well done to the wonderful chaps at bed world, who honoured the sale. Shame regarding the trolls on here, you missed out on "the" absolute bargain of all Black Friday deals. (edited)
    Good for you. Not sure why you refer to others as "trolls"? I ordered then decided against. Got a fast refund. That's my choice snd those of others.
    Still allowing orders at the missprice. If they were at the cancelling orders stage, they'd have changed the website price first. Looks to me like they WANT to receive the orders and cash, and will then cancel them. Easy way to get lots of cash in quickly temporarily.
    51571937-qNni0.jpg
    Not really. Credit card companies and PayPal don't release cash to companies immediately. Generally it'll be at least a couple of weeks.

I seriously doubt this is a grand master plan to get cash (if it was every mattress would be reduced not just a single size of a single model). Far more likely is the fact that it's a weekend and they'll just wait until Monday.
    Received my mattress yesterday and had one of the best nights sleep I've had in some time. Definitely on the firm side but a slightly thicker mattress protector should sort that out. I wouldn't have paid £700 for it (not because it's not worth it but just because I can't envisage paying that much for any mattress :)) but it's an absolute steal at £170
    Just got the confirmation email but I'm worried this bed just won't be good. Chelsea bed co have very few reviews and they aren't good. The bed itself has none. While it's cheap for a mattress I cant help but feel this is what it should really be priced at and I'm going to try to cancel
    The description does sound like one of the free ones councils give to people on benefits via vouchers to be honest.
    I've ordered one.

If it turns up we are right, it's probably £100 wholesale. If it's cancelled, it was the real deal.
    Mine got delivered today, I was out so my builder took the delivery. Driver offered him a couple of “spares” for £170 each, not sure what to make of that.
    Assume this confirmation is automated. Hoping they see my email asking for cancellation on Monday when humans are back at their desks....
    I've got the same email. Good on them, great customer service.
    OK, I fold. Too much probability of getting a tat versus low chance of getting a true bargain.
    Should have went for premier inn mattress when it was on rare offer.
    Completely bottled it and cancelled. All seems very suspicious , sadly their reputation proceeds them (as does all the other companies they've traded under). Too risky for me this - made me realise I would rather get a 100 night trial and pay more for the peace of mind that I can return for free if not satisfied. Good luck to those hanging in there - I'd love to know how you get on. Thanks for testing in-store - that's enough for me to know I won't be happy living with it. There's no way a £700+ mattress should have no edge support. Stinks.
    Mine got delivered today, best buy of the year for us! Thanks.
    wow thats crazy, totally didnt expect that... best black friday deal ever?

now i need to get a base/ bed frame, almost feel guilty enough to get it from Bedworld
    Also cancelled my order this morning and received confirmation an hour later that a refund would be processed in the next 7 days.

However, I have just received a phone call from them trying to arrange a delivery day! When I explained I had already cancelled it via email, they tried to apply pressure to reinstate the order as it was an "Amazing price" I had got it at and i would be mad not to have it

Alarm bells are ringing even more now, i really do hope the ones that stick it are rubbing it in our faces.

Something definitely feels off with this one!
    Didn't use the discount code, but ordered.
    Inexpensive, but I am hesitant as there are not much info about this brand or mattress online.. anybody had it?
    If its a pricing mistake and the warehouse accept and dispatch these to all those who ordered, I can envisage CFO will be shouting at the staff very shortly. (edited)
    I ordered this based on comments above.
    There are plently of mattresses on Amazon as cheap as this.
    Has anyone used this mattress?
    There are too many negative reviews of this manufacturer on trustpilot.
    uk.trustpilot.com/rev….uk
    I wonder if this mattress is better than the one on Amazon.
    amazon.co.uk/KAS…h=1
's avatar