Posted 1 December 2023

Urgent - 5G Router

My main internet have is not great and Im in urgent need of a 5G router for work. Please share any recommendations for a quality router but with a good discount.

Please & Thankyou
Community Updates
New Comment

11 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    For a more permanent solution, get the unlocked Huawei CPE Pro 2. But please check signal quality in your neighbourhood first with different prepaid SIMs. Also at different spots within the house.
    £100 Huawei 5G CPE Pro (H112-370) with 24 months warranty.
    uk.webuy.com/pro…03b

Pair with an unlimited data sim at £5/m+VAT,
    so the data/airtime costs total circa £152 over 24m term, say a little over equiv £6.33/m inc VAT,
    plus its a business solution so should fit your "for work" requirement rather than a consumer-sim-based option.
    three.co.uk/bus…hly
    (note the destination page URL can be corrupted by HUKD affiliate string.
    If the landing page is void of products, bin all the text in URL after
    sim-pay-monthly
    then refresh page).

Chose 3 as network provider as its the most obvious solution when OP states no specific cellular network exclusion/inclusion criteria.

If £100 Huawei 5G CPE Pro (H112-370) is too cheap (for 5G router),
    could alternatively consider the £130 Huawei 5G CPE Pro 2 (H122-373) c/w 24m wrty
    uk.webuy.com/pro…48b
    Thanks is CEX the cheapest source for the routers?
    If it is temporary, just use your mobile phone hotspot

No idea which one is good, but if you want it cheap, you could try getting an unlocked one from CEX
    If you need a desktop router then the ZTE MC801A/MC888 are good, as is the ZyXEL NR5103/NR5103E.
    If you need a mobile router then simply don't bother - Just use a 5G Phone.

The desktop models I mentioned above all support external antennas too, should you need to use one of these to help boost your signal further.
    Desktop ZTE. 120Mbps, about 8ms ping to google. Downside if I remember right - only 5 WiFi users (devices)
's avatar