Posted 25 August 2023

Virgin Media Ultimate Volt

Hi Folks.

My contract ends with VM next month and I have already handed in my 30 days notice yesterday. I'm currently on 1gig volt with anytime calls for £32 per month.

I'm interested in the ultimate volt bundle. What's the cheapest price I should aim for Ultimate volt? They have already called me twice but I was busy and didn't answer the calls.

Also, are their Sky Sports and BT sports in UHD or just standard 720p HD? I'm looking for UHD channels for sports. I read somewhere that their streaming quality is not as good as Sky etc due to high compression.

Thank you in advance.
Community Updates
New Comment

8 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    £60 without SIM would be good. Make sure to get Netflix HD from them
    I pay £62 a month. That includes 1gig, sky cinema and sky sports + tnt sports both in uhd.

TNT have recently updated their uhd channel to include hdr too whereas BT uhd was just a 4k channel.
    out of interest, did you cancel your o2 sim ?
    Author
    £60 would be just a normal price as you can cancel the £25/month 02 sim within 14 days.

I have read somewhere that some people managed to get it between £40 to £50. I won't go for it for £60 but if its anything around £40 (don't need the SIM). Any haggling tricks anyone please?
    You will likely get a better offer with the sim (with the intention of cancelling or reducing the O2 sim).
's avatar