Posted 2 days ago

What Car for £4000 with low tax and insurance?

Hi ,so the question above is what am asking , sadly my wife's pip as stopped and we will be left with out a car in 5 weeks what car would you recommend for 4000 pounds?

Finance is not a option as my wife has no Driving licence and you can't get a car unless your the driver with the finance.

Sadly am looking for work as I was a carer for my wife.

Thanks.
Community Updates
New Comment

15 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Not car related but I hope you’ve done a mandatory reconsideration for your wife’s PIP, and if needs must, take them to tribunal. 
    Author
    Thanks will consider that
    Toyota Aygo / C1 are best bet for cheap motoring.
    Go to autotrader.co.uk/ and search there - ensure you use the "More options" box which allows you to pick insurance groups. The site will also allow you to get a insurance quote from compare the market for any car you like the look of.
    Fiat 500? (edited)
    Noone can really say for cheap insurance not knowing the many circumstances they judge it on
    You can get a bank loan for less than car finance anyway. Or 0% credit card.

Lots of choices for cars, can't just recommend without knowing if you want big small luxury fast economical big boot easy to get out etc.
    Never not used commas before, looks rubbish
    Author
    So sorry for my English being so bad.

Looking for anything that will be ok for 2 adults and a child.

It's going to be just a temporary car I hope so any size would do. (edited)
    VW Polo or Skoda/Seat equivalent. 1.2 engine, group 4/5 insurance
    Citroens c1 types cars I got one for 1k sold it a year later for 1.2k cheap . Cheap tax £30 insurance was nothing and it was amazing on fuel also amazingly cheap on repairs so easy to do most of them yourself
    We have the 4 door version of the C1. It's old, crazy high mpg, cheap to insure and repair, it's brilliant. Because my wife's a shorty an adult passenger can fit nicely behind her. Definitely need 4 doors with a child though.
    I'd consider doing this the other way round - you're very much in the bargain basement sub £4k.
    Look for a decent little car with history first and then make a decision on insurance later - don't limit yourself to a single car/model straight off. Having said that, I'm a fan of VW up or Skoda/Seat equivalent
    Honda civic 2006-2011
's avatar