Unfortunately, this deal has expired 3 minutes ago.
2016°
Refreshed 10 months ago

ASDA Rewards Programme - Earn money off your shop

Shared by
the4amfriend
Joined in 2021

About this deal

This deal is expired. Here are some options that might interest you:

More Food deals

Find more like this

See all deals

Discover more deals on our homepage

ASDA’s first ever customer loyalty programme.

Our first ever customer loyalty programme that rewards you for simply shopping
with us. Across store you'll find lots of items that'll earn you Asda Pounds to add
to your Asda Rewards Cashpot. What makes Ada Rewards really special is that
you can spend as you earn. No fuss. No waiting. No collecting points. So, you can
keep on saving or spend as much as you like on your next shop - it's up to you.

Examples:

£2.50 on a 12-pack of Andrex toilet roll, 10% back on a two-pack of McVitie's milk chocolate digestives and 10% back on Asda's battered crispy fish strips.

These can change.

asda.com/rew…rds

3977473_1.jpg
Asda More details at

Community Updates
Dan_82
How to earn Asda Rewards

Download the Asda Rewards app, which is available for free on the Apple App Store and Google Play store. From there, you can register as a newbie, or sign in with your existing account if you've previously shopped online with Asda.

Then, you can earn 'cash' rewards known as 'Asda Pounds' when shopping in-store and online. Just ensure you scan the app at check-out in-store to earn rewards. Online, once registered, just log in to your account and shop as normal.

How do i earn those lovely rewards?

By buying certain 'star products'. These are a mix of branded and Asda own-brand items. You can see a full list in the dedicated section of the Asda Rewards app, but they're also marked when you're shopping online at Asda.com.

Examples we've spotted today include: £2.50 on a 12-pack of Andrex toilet roll, 10% back on a two-pack of McVitie's milk chocolate digestives and 10% back on Asda's battered crispy fish strips.

By completing 'missions'. These give you a set reward when you complete them and are usually based on hitting a certain spending threshold or buying a certain number of items within a given timeframe – though don't use this as an excuse to overspend.

Where can i redeem them?

You can redeem online and in-store BUT they expire after 6 months.

Any Asda Pounds you earn will go into a 'cashpot' inside the app. From there, you can convert these into money-off vouchers to redeem on your shopping in-store and online. Once you've created the voucher, it's applied to your basket automatically when you scan your card at the till in-store or at the checkout online.

You'll need to convert your Asda Pounds into vouchers within six months of earning them, as they expire after that. Vouchers will then normally last a further 30 days before expiring – though this can vary so you'll need to keep an eye on the expiry date of each voucher in the app.

Can it be combined with Blue Light Discount?

Looks like you can, see comment here

What other Loyalty Cards are out there?

The Best Loyalty Cards 2022 - Perks, offers, discounts, vouchers and more Megathread
Cost of Living Deals
Edited by a community support team member, 16 September 2022
New Comment
Cost of Living

View all deals

249 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    tomvox
    It’s ok. Got just over £5 in about 2 months. Combined with my Blue Light Card discount it’s helping me fight food inflation.
    maccalen
    I buy Asda gift cards from Monese each month (15% discount), then use my BLC. 25% off!
    Anonymous User
    What about this as a concept?.... keep the prices as low as possible (yes every business needs to make a profit, but there is profit and greed) Let shoppers do their shopping at the best prices without having to waste excessive time jumping through hoops to save a few pence. You would not need "loyalty" schemes as people would want to shop there anyway.
    dounavilla
    See "Aldi".
    StudentGrant
    Hmm, this interesting for some. Lidl and Asda both close to me. £100 spend at Lidl in a month gives £2 voucher, do another £100 in same month and you get £10 making £12 off per month plus the Chase 1%. Occasionally use BLC in Asda to buy stuff not sold by Lidl, but 10% BLC saving on everything at Asda doesn't bring prices down to LIDL level even before the £12 is considered. Every Lidl helps
    nokiae71
    I was a early adopter of this and initially the offers were very generous, now not so much but I shop at Asda every week so it does help. I also shop at ALDI/LIDL to make sure I get the best prices. I have a decent amount in my cashpot, just got some more this weekend. For me it's worth having because I shop their regularly. 48024730-27g6d.jpg
    twotone1954
    Just remember they are not doing it to help the customers, its purely to get you to buy more.
    LAS00
    And additional marketing data to sell, along with the scan and shop handsets
    Anonymous User
    Used it today for the first time. Honestly it gave me 1p off a bunch of bananas!

It wasn’t even worth getting my phone out of my pocket for that. Rubbish.
    fern37
    same. The offers I have would involve me buying more of certain things to get a bonus so not really saving.
    jordanc93
    Just to add some information to this im a regular at the whoopsie/reduction section and have found things I buy reduced have counted towards some of the missions as well as giving me 10% back when an item I have bought reduced is also a star product. For example the other week their was a tapas mission when if you bought 3 products you got £1 back, I picked up 3 over 2 visits reduced to 20p each and they counted towards the tapas mission and earnt me the £1 reward.
    maydell7
    Now thats the sort of shop I like to hear about lol. I am a lover of reduced items in all stores . Well done as well.
    Mark_Hickman
    Rubbish this, get back on airtime rewards, I was getting my phone bill free each month
    Add_to_Basket
    That's probably irrelevant these days with all these 1p and 99p sim deals around.
    robertsclark
    First time use today. £87 shop has earned a £1.50 cash pot
    banshee3099
    It says on mine to spend £50 by end of September to get £1.50. To get that by just spending money with Sainos it would take lots more because it’s 1 point per pound and 500 points is £2.50, £500 spend for £2.50 back! 0.5 percent vs 3 cashback. (edited)
    zippy99
    Whoever came up with the "missions = rewards" idea clearly worked in mobile gaming before.
    twotone1954
    Are you saying we have to take out security to get into the store, im up for that.
    redduck
    I've been using this in Perry Barr branch for a few months now (it was part of the limited trial). As long as you scan your barcode, you build up spend for a voucher. I pretty much ignore the 'missions' as they are not usually very good value to start with so getting 10% back isn't worth it (edited)
    ObiWanKenobi2
    Poor scheme compared to just about every other shopping loyalty card. I amnot going to run around to buy selected items that the Asda wants to sell. Its a really bad scheme that needs to be expanded to items I may actually want to buy.
    jordanc93
    It's not just star products theirs also milestone missions where you get money back for spending so much on your shopping and don't have to spend the amount in one go either e.g. current first milestone mission is spend £50 get £1.50 back. I don't go out my way to buy star products or bother looking at them on the app as like you say they just encourage you to buy them.
    jonnyholywoodni
    I have to commend Lidl on their Store Card App. Everytime you buy something you get a free gift for next time and you get a choice of two items so don't have to take things you aren't interested in having. It's introduced me to the delights of their sour bears and it's kept me stocked up with free decent chocolate over the past few months.

I must get about 4 things free a week on average since I enjoy stopping in every other day to check for new plants or to grab some cheap beers. Also they give discount on whole ranges so their entire pre packed bread range, cheeses and deli meats are all 25% extra off with the app this week and they are already so much cheaper than the other main supermarkets. On top of this I've started getting Playstore Rewards money for customer surveys everytime I visit so I'm getting a free Playstore Movie Rental every week or two. Glad to see Asda finally offering some incentives but it won't be a patch on the Lidl card.
    ObiWanKenobi2
    yes, Asda really dropping the ball on this oe compared to other brands loyaty cards
    andrewworrall1
    Well I just bought something in-store for 20p that has a 10% back label on the shelf, I got 1p off meaning I paid 19p but nothing in my app cash pot yet. Am I doing something wrong?
    WillMcGregor
    I think, and could be wrong, but the penny off is just from scanning it, as the tills count it as a voucher.

When you get to the app, once its recognised your shop, you should have the cost added, with the 10%. So 22p added to your next pot instead of 20p.
    leah1985
    Does anyone know how long it takes for your shopping to show in the app? I’ve scanned yesterday and this morning and not showing on the app yet even though on the receipt it says coupon asda rewards
    Shak5
    I thought it was straight away, but checked it last night and cashpot was empty, but now it has added £2.50
    Mary_Mary
    Does this work with online shop? Got thr kids school uniform and spent a good 60 odd quid, still marked as the uniform offer not redeemed?
    paulde2007
    Could be wrong but I believe asda George rewards is a separate scheme. Silly I know.
    paulde2007
    If you have any discounts or blue light card. Scan your rewards first. This way it tracks at the higher, discounted amount.

Just a tip a staff member told me
    Stormbreaker1
    My rewards are not tracking since using the BLC
    galgor
    I don't need my shopping to be game-ified. I'm not going out of my way to find products that are on their list, as this will lead you to buying stuff you don't necessarily need and of course mean you spend more time in the shop.

The program is just another shopping habits data collector.
    Shak5
    Yeah it's annoying but honestly I don't even look at it the ways to earn section. Just scan at the end of the shop, and sometimes you've randomly hit one of their missions or star rewards things. The other day for example, got £5 back for spending £25+ on school uniform stuff.
    Easy.Action.Baby
    They trialled it where I was living. Pretty good offers initially however it tailed off. Still had enough for a discount voucher every 3rd shop.
    Mark_Hickman

Replying to

£20 on coke, not for me lol.
    I was very sad when they left airtime reeards
    JamesClark1991
    Sick of all these scam cards. Just lower your prices and scrap this nonsense!
    Jaydizzle84
    It's because it's proven to work. While most of the offerings will be very weak, it will lure people to do their weekly shop there rather than somewhere else. Still think Lidl have the best one going at the moment.
    Qesharak
    No ASDA participation near me. Signed up a few months ago, but still no store participating
    Spicyporridge

Replying to

It started as a trial so only rolled out in a few stores. Should be in all stores now!
    Username50
    Why isn’t this in discussions? This website is a crock of poo at times. Has it got new people running it?
    maydell7
    Don't like the fact that you only have 6 months to use it. They should just bring back the APG's lol. If only. Deep sigh.
    dmoore81
    I think it’s as broad as it is wide for most. We used to shop Asda all the time, then switched to Aldi. What we couldn’t get at Aldi (some of the branded items), we’d get from Asda (it’s a 10 min walk from my house). In the end, it worked out roughly the same as shopping at Asda full stop, so that’s what we do. We’re just careful with what we get from Asda now to minimise waste, so in a sense, it’s worked out better in the long run. We did a £90 shop and got £3 back-if that continues, which is quite feasible, that’s close to £40 in vouchers before Christmas so we can put it towards that shop.
    jordanc93

Replying to

Interesting you say this as apart from Aldi and Lidl, ASDA comes top as the cheapest of the big 4 supermarkets. Morrisons is now the most expensive supermarket to shop at which.co.uk/rev…Fin
    paully
    It says this is their first ever loyalty scheme. That's lies. They used to have one in the 90s. I remember the little magazine that had all the rewards in it.
    Switchback
    I think I remember that. Maybe it means their first loyalty scheme since the terrible takeover by the Issa Brothers? It's all profit, profit, profit now. They don't even pay their workers a living wage despite the whole pandemic debacle and the billions of pounds they're sitting on.
    Switchback
    This honestly isn't worth it. To get any real benefit you need to purchase certain items that are 'Star Products' or complete 'Missions' to earn the cashback. This means 99% of the time you're going out of your way to buy items you really don't need, spending more money to earn a measly 50p here or there. Great if you needed the item anyway, but majority of the time you don't. Save your money by not buying what you don't need.
    luv_a_deal
    I signed up last week and just did our online shop as normal and got £1.50 added. That's £1.50 I wouldn't have got otherwise
    Mobb_Deep
    Asda is really Overpriced now
    Probably going to start overcharging and force you to use this or something else like with Tesco Clubcard
    jordanc93
    If they are so overpriced why are they consistently cheaper than the other 3 big name supermarkets? Only Aldi and Lidl beat them.
    PD2K79
    Going to give this a go despite all the grumbles.

Even if it only gives me a few £ off it’s better than the £0 previously.
    OnTheHUKD
    Don't forget that rewards will expire after 6 months...so those of us who were part of the trial have to use them by the end of this month.
    Cooling_Deals
    I would have thought most would have used them up during Christmas - it was a nice haul for me. There now seems to be fewer "rewards" though

It is extremely frustrating that it only lasts six months, as much rather have as large a pot as possible for Christmas (edited)
    DealJourno
    I think even Nectar with Sainsburys is better than this if you use your 'best' points offers and Smart Shop prices.

My points are always about £1.50 to £4 (300 to 800 points). And savings using my Smart shop offers can be between £2 to £5 on each shop. (edited)
    ro123

Replying to

Oh ok, I’ve never come across anyone giving 5% off Sainsburys, Lloyds do 5 or 10% off Morrison’s
    hotdealsuk1973
    does this work with online orders too i can't see how it can looking at the app and offers that are available

i don't go instore to asda so i doubt i can use it
    Jaydizzle84
    It's OK. You can say 'I wouldn't step foot in asda' we're quite tolerant of intolerance here.
    happymanuk
    I can't work this out. Do they give so many points per pound spend or is it purely for certain offers around the store ?
    s_dusara
    0.5% cash back
    robxenotech
    I’ve got a tenner so far after a couple months, not too bad i guess
    andrewworrall1
    Not bad especially if that's for doing your regular shopping. Just make sure you get it as a voucher and spend before it expires
    EndemicAlarm
    Sounds lame but possibly better than Morrisons. Since they changed their scheme I have no idea if it even gives rewards at all!
    FidoGoRetroGo
    I'm a fan. Did the fruit and veg challenge, spent £4.10, got £1.50 back, did the freezer challenge, £5 spent, £1 back. Plus both spends count towards another £1.50 once I hit the £50.00 target.

I reckon that used wisely, and if you have an Asda nearby, savings could be around the 6-7% mark overall.
    herrbz
    Seem to remember them being quite proud about not messing around with customer reward schemes.
    smeders
    When I worked at asda after leaving school they said "we don't have a customer loyalty scheme in order to keep our costs down".
    dz1
    Oh dear. This means higher prices from Asda. Nothing's free.
    rkl
    I don't have an Asda close by, so I do all my Asda shopping online via their Website. The rewards programme works for online shopping on their Website, so why the freak do I have to download an app to register for the programme? I'll do it (and then delete the app), but it seems a totally unnecessary step in the process to me.

Update: Like a lot of lazy Android developers, the app only works in portrait mode, which is infuriating for tablet users (I use my tablet exclusively in landscape mode). Yes, I realise that the scanning part of the app will be used instore with a phone (no-one's bringing a tablet instore for their Asda shop!), but I'm at home where a 10"-11" tablet is infinitely preferable to using any phone. (edited)
    jordanc93
    You don't just use the app for scanning in store you also have to use it to convert your built up pot of money into vouchers. You can only convert the money you build up into vouchers via the app so best to keep it installed. (edited)
    pingusdead
    Just HATE loyalty schemes. Stop it! I don't want to be tied to one supermarket, I shop around for best prices..and for variety. Loyalty schemes just confuse pricing structures. It's getting to the stage though, that I'll just stick to Aldi and hope they don't introduce one!
    littlewind
    I prefer sainsburys' one,it's way better
    Shak5
    But Sainsbury's prices are also higher than Asda in general
's avatar