Posted 7 days ago

Family-Friendly Feasts: A Guide To Where Kids Eat Free, Or On A Budget, During Half-Term And Beyond

Update 1
Updated
Hi folks, i hope you're well

Navigating costs during half term and beyond, especially when dining out on a budget, can be challenging. I've dedicated some time to gather information on places where kids can eat for free or at a lower cost, depending on the restaurant(s). Some of these establishments may not actively promote these offers, so I found it valuable to share. If there are any offers i've missed, please feel free to comment, and i'll review.

Please note, offers may vary, depending on location, so please check before you book/travel.

Thank you

4292567_1.jpg
ASDA: Offer: Kids eat for £1 All Day, Every Day at Asda cafes, with no adult spend required. - Also Free warming breakfast porridge and a hot drink (Tea, Coffee or Hot Chocolate)

ANGUS STEAKHOUSE: Offer: Your little ones under 10 years old can eat for free on Friday’s, Saturday’s and Sunday’s and everyday during half term. Availability Anytime on Friday, Saturday, Sunday Anytime during half term | 12-16 February - Once child per paying adult. Terms apply

BELLA ITALIA: Offer: Children eat for £1 with any adult main. The offer is valid 4-6 pm Monday to Thursday (Ages 2 - 11)

BEEFEATER: Offer: Two children under 16 can get a free breakfast every day with one paying adult!

BILL’S RESTAURANTS: Offer: Kids Eat Free is back! Up to two kids can eat free ALL DAY from Monday 12th February – Friday 23rd February (excluding Saturday & Sunday), if one adult orders any main dish

BREWERS FAYRE: Offer: Two children under 16 can get a free breakfast every day with one paying adult!

CAFE ROUGE: Offer: From Monday 12th February until Friday 16th February, children up to 12 years old can enjoy 2 or 3 lunch or dinner courses from our kid's menu for free, with the purchase of any main course from our A La Carte menu. Terms apply. Our children’s menu features a variety of tasty French-inspired dishes, including Fish Goujons, crunchy Chicken Crispies, Macaroni Cheese and more.

DOBBIES GARDEN CENTRES: Offer: At Dobbies, for every adult breakfast or lunch purchase, kids eat for FREE. Every Day!

GORDON RAMSAY RESTAURANTS: Offer: Kids under 8 eat FREE all day, every day at selected Gordon Ramsay restaurants.

GREENE KING PUBS: Offer: Kids Eat Free all-day with the purchase of an adult's meal. Monday-Friday, between Mon 12th - Friday 23rd February 2024.

HEATHROW AIRPORT: Offer: During the school holidays, make the most of our Kids Eat Free* offer. When an adult chooses an item from the main menu your kids can eat for free. With great restaurants to choose from, and a wide range of dishes, they'll be spoilt for choice.

HUNGRY HORSE: Offer: Kids eat for £1 on Mondays and larger mealso for only £1.50 with every full paying adult. *T&Cs apply. .

IKEA: Offer: Kids get a meal from 95p daily from 11 am.

LAS IGUANAS: Offer: Each adult ordering a main course from the a la carte menu can claim a free kids meal from our Niños menu for an accompanying child. Kids meal includes choice of main, 2 sides and a dessert. Lunch menu is not included. Cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or discount. Terms apply.

MARKS & SPENCER: Offer: TBA - Expect offer will be kids get a main + drink for xx when adult(s) spend xx

MORRISONS: Offer: Spend £4.49 and get one free kids meal all day, every day.

OK DINERS: Offer: A child under 10 years old can eat free from the children’s menu when an adult purchases a main course from our a la carte menu. This offer is available all day every day at all of our diners except those on the A1

PAUSA CAFE at DUNELM: Offer: Kids get 1 mini main, 2 snacks & a drink FREE with every £4 spend after 3 pm.

PREMIER INN: Offer: Buy 1 Adult Breakfast from just £8.99 & up to two kids eat breakfast for free.

PRETO: Offer: Kids up to age 10 eat free all day, every day with paying adults at Preto in Half Terms

PUREZZA: Offer: Our Kids Eat Free offer means that children under 10 can enjoy a free mini pizza. In addition, we also have plenty of child-friendly options.

S.A BRAINS PUBS: Offer: Kids can enjoy any main meal from our ‘Little Dragons’ menu for £1.00, when purchased with a full priced adult main meal.

SAINSBURY'S CAFE: Offer: Kids eat for £1 with the purchase of an adult hot main. From 11:30 am every day.

SIZZLING PUBS: Offer: Monday to Friday from 3pm, our kid’s menu is even better-value as kids eat for £1 when you buy an adult main meal*. You can even feed the whole family for under £15!

TABLE TABLE: Offer: Two children under 16 can get a free breakfast every day with one paying adult!

TESCO: Offer: Kids eat free with a purchase of 60p+ from Mon 12th - Fri 23rd February 2024.

THE IVY: Complimentary main course from Little Dreamers menu for child aged 12 or under with paying adult

THE REAL GREEK: Offer: Kids Eat Free, free Kids Meal for every £10.00 spent by an adult at The Real Greek from Sunday 11th until Sunday 25th February 2024. Offer includes Kids meal from Kids Menu, Drink and Ice Cream / Sorbet. One free kids’ meal per adult only. Each adult to spend £10.00 or more to qualify for one free kids’ meal. Available to all children under 12. Valid for dine-in only. Not valid in conjunction with any other offer / promotion / discount. An optional 10% service charge will be added to your bill.

TGI FRIDAYS: Offer: Kids Eat Free When 'Stripes Rewards Members' purchase a full priced adult's main meal App required see link

TOBY CARVERY: Kids Eat for £1 this half-term: We’ve got a great excuse to get out of the house and away from their screens this half term, when you can treat the whole family for less when Kids Eat for £1, Monday to Friday from 12th-23rd February.

TRAVELODGE Offer: Buy 1 Adult Breakfast from just £8.99 & up to two kids eat breakfast for free.

WHITBREAD INNS: Offer: Two kids under 16 eat for FREE with every adult breakfast purchased.

YO! SUSHI: Offer: From Monday 12th - Friday 23rd February 2024, kids eat free with every £10 adult spend.

On a Separate note, you may be able to get further discounts, using a tastecard - Info here.

Just make sure you read any T&Cs.

Other cost of living threads, that could help you:

Community Updates
New Comment

17 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Author
    Thank you. I'll review this ASAP and add in 🙏
    You’d be better off using Taste Card/etc at some of these places (you can usually get a cheap/free 3 month offer).

Bella Italia for example the portions were tiny and prices extortionate. I got a burger and fries (~£16) and used the £1 offer for my 5yo and 8yo. My burger was little bigger than a McDs cheese burger and I got a handful of fries. Kids were still hungry after their pasta.

None of us are big eaters.

Next time around I just got the kids two adult pastas and didn’t bother myself. (edited)
    Author
    Really does depend on said offer and terms. It's certainly worth mentioning re tastecard though, I'll update tomorrow.

Thanks 🙏
    Author
    Thread updated
    Great list of places to avoid for (a) squealing kids; (b) paying higher adult prices subsidising others' kids

#LookingOutForAdultOnlyDeals (edited)
    Thanks OP.
    Author
    You're most welcome 🙏
    Thank you
    Author
    Most welcome also
    Noticed the ASDA offer for the first time the other day, and thought to myself "it'd be nice to know other places that have something similar...".

Much appreciated for the list
    Author
    Indeed! Most welcome 😁
    Thanks
    Author
    You're most welcome
's avatar