Posted 19 hours ago

Faulty CURRYS ESSENTIALS C55CW18 fridge freezer

My fridge freezer wont turn itself on anymore unless I manually turn the temperature control knob to the maximum setting. I know it is likely to be caused by a faulty thermostat but at £50 for the genuine part is it worth getting a new thermostat or should I just buy a new fridge freezer? It is currently 4 and a half years old and cost around £200. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks.
Community Updates
New Comment

3 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    If you believe the appliance has failed prematurely,
    present your Consumer Rights Act claim to Currys (and credit provider if purchased via any UK regulated credit).

You have up to 6 years to present your claim, and clearly you can still use the appliance whilst Currys attempts to squirm it's way out of responsibility
    Put an energy socket on it and see how much it is using compared to standard.
    If Currys won't play fair you can do the math and work out how long before that £50 repair pays for itself, and whether or not a new fridge freezer, with a new warranty, will pay for itself in a short while.
    I had an old small freezer, but its energy consumption was high. I worked out the a new and larger freezer would pay for itself in less than 3 years, with less work required. (edited)
    have a look at the actual make and part number on the stat itself then search on erBay for one, you'll probably get one for less than £20
's avatar