Posted 24 October 2023

Garmin watch recommendations? Or alternatives?

Hi,

I swim (indoors) and run daily and keen to get a fitness tracker smart watch. I have been looking at Garmin's, and see the Garmin Venu Sq 2 and the Garmin Swim 2. I also really like the idea of tracking my health and sleep. Maybe also using it for gym and yoga workouts if possible. I don't know much about them so would be keen to know if people could recommend either, or alternatives? Thanks in advance!

Update: thank you for responses! managed to get an Instinct 2S from Amazon renewed, as new 🙌
Community Updates
New Comment

4 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    I haven't used either of those but I've had the Venu 2 for about a year and very happy with it. Battery life is good, GPS tracking accurate, and I think it does all that you are looking for.
    If you're doing a lot of different workouts with sleep etc, then maybe one of the Fenix range, if you can afford? There are some reasonably-priced ones on eBay right now, and my wife uses the swim functions a lot for her Fenix 5s, and I have the Fenix 6X for the mapping and hiking, as well as running and swimming.

Otherwise, the Swim 2 is great.
    Author
    I ended up buying an Instinct 2S from Amazon renewed at £170 so I'm quite pleased with that price and functionality. Arrived in mint condition and I'm loving it so far !