Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Posted 6 October 2023

Half term - Cheap Days out / Free things to do

Update 2
21/10 - Thread updated
With half term approaching, this is an updated thread to give you a useful resource to save you money as well as give you some ideas on things to do with the kids. The thread includes the following

1) Days Out & Activities across the UK
2) Free things to do across the UK

Thanks to all members who have posted individual deals, and have linked to where relevant.

1) Days Out & Activities across the UK

If looking for something to do over the October half term see below some ideas on days out or activities across the UK

4212229_1.jpg

2 Games of Bowling for the Price of 1 in October. Monday - Friday until 5pm. Junior 2 games for £6.99 / Adult 2 games for £8.55 - Ten Pin Bowling

Half price family pass for 4 people for 2 games of bowling (Multiple Locations)

25% off Hollywood Bowl with code SPOOKYBOWL25

Flamingo Land - Family Pass - 2 Adults & 2 Children £72.50

Use your Tesco Clubcard vouchers for days out (2 x value)

Kids go free this half term, with a paying adult - Knowsley safari park - includes the Haunted Safari (21st Oct - 5th Nov)

Knowsley Safari - 4 Person Day Pass use by 20th October - £47.50

Cheap cinema tickets - see this thread

Day return trip to Dublin (from Holyhead) - £12 adult / 2 adults and 2 children £30 (£7.50 per person) @ Stena Line

2 for 1 on London attractions with National Rail

Discounted attraction tickets in main cities via Fever

£10 off no min spend via newsletter signup Buyagift

Discounted days out via Picniq

Thames Sightseeing Cruise (River Red Rover Pass for Two) - 24 Hour Pass - £13 w/ Newsletter Sign-up code

Extended until 31st December 2024: Majority of Adult Bus Journeys capped to £2 (England)

London Zoo / Whipsnade Zoo Universal Credit Tickets - £3 children / £5 adults

Return off peak train fares from £10 e.g. Cambridge to London Return 1 adult and 2 children under 5

Twinlakes Park family pass - Melton Mowbray - 2 adults and 2 children (over 108cm)

Fri / Sun night Village Hotels for two people + £30 to spend on food + free parking & leisure access - from £69 (Booking Revolution members)

Over 1 Million Rooms Released at £35 or less until February Travelodge

Chaos Karts - Half Price 2 Person Pass - Manchester + £1 booking fee

Unlimited Annual pass for London Transport Museum £1 for people on Universal Credit

Entry to Kew Gardens Royal Botanic - Adult Universal Credit or Pension Credit - £1

Cheap days out via Planet Offers

Minicruise including breakfast on your outbound journey - Newcastle to Amsterdam 2 adults 30/10/23 - DFDS

Tickets Just £1 for people in receipt of Universal Credit, Pension Credit or UK Legacy Benefits - Eden Project

Circus Extreme Grandstand Tickets from £11.70 w/code London

English Heritage Annual Membership - Two adults and up to 12 children £66 - 1 adult and up to 6 kids £43.06 w/ code (more in post)

London to Birmingham one way - Superfare ticket £9

Buy 1 Full Price Adult/Child Ticket And Get A Free Adult Ticket - Selected Merlin Attractions With A Promotional Kelloggs Pack/Voucher

40% Off Admission Tickets Legoland Discovery Centre Manchester & Birmingham

Transport for Wales - 12 tickets for the price of 6

Plan a half-term day out with 35% off all-day zoo tickets -02 Priority members - Twycross Zoo

Car admission for up to 5 people to Woburn Safari Park (entry 21st - 29th October)

Circus of Horrors - Blackpool Pleasure Beach - half price ticket £11

2) Free things to do in half term across the UK

4212229_1.jpg

Free National Trust family day pass (single use) via Reach online e.g. Mirror - 75,000 available - redeem by 15/12 (includes half term)

Free kids football coaching England - Fun Football Centre

Free Pet's At Home "Pet Pals" Workshop (Booking Required)

Free National Trust Family Pass (single-use) via newspaper purchase (20/10 - 29/10) - redeem by 15/12 e.g. Mirror £1.30 / Daily Star 85p - includes half term

Little Seedlings Club: October Holiday Club Learning Workshop Sessions

FREE kids half-term activity at National Theatre inspired by The Witches musical

5 month free trial Apple TV+ Plus (new subscribers) - Apple

Free attractions and days out in Scotland

Free and cheap days out in Northern Ireland

20 of the best free attractions in the UK

Free entry to the donkey sanctuary

Free things to do in Wales

Free BBC Tours/Shows

Free Amazon tours

Find your nearest castle - some are free

National Memorium Arboretum free tickets

Claim three to six months of Disney+ on us via O2 priority (Selected Accounts)

2 Free Vue Cinema tickets every month via MySky App - for Sky Cinema customers only -Sunday to Thursday only (Excls Friday & Saturday)

New free observation deck on 50th floor of skyscraper (8 Bishopsgate) + more free scenic viewpoints of the London skyline

Europe’s highest free public viewing gallery - Horizon 22 (London) - launches end of September

Free kids monster meal Pizza Hut (aged 12 or less) - no purchase necessary

Free three-course kids meal (10 years and under only) at Prezzo – no adult purchase necessary

Free entry to British Ironwork Centre Oswestry - October to February (Tuesday to Friday)