Posted 1 day ago

Indoor security camera

I’m looking for some advice regarding indoor cameras.
Main reason is my young son has recently been diagnosed with epilepsy and I’m trying to detect if he’s having any episodes during the night. So I’m looking for a camera that i can set up near his cot that will trigger with certain level of sound or movement.
Obviously night vision recording needs to be reasonable.
I don’t really want to pay a sub if it can be avoided.
My budget is around £30 max.
I’ve seen eufy and tapo so just wondering if they are best and any pros and cons.
Any help appreciated
Thank you
Community Updates
New Comment

17 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    I got a couple of these for a friend's lodge and was so impressed with the quality i got one for myself too.

If you put a memory card in it it will record events to the card so no need for a subscription.

Can also be set to notify you on alerts and has good night vision.

amazon.co.uk/gp/…MBS
    We have the tapo ones set up as a baby monitor, we've never had issues with it, it has night vision so we can keep an eye on our little one. It sends notifications near enough instantly when he moves or cries in his cot. I think i only paid £22 for them.
    So those cameras alert you to both motion and noise? Didn't know they did that.
    We have ezviz cameras and they have proven to be very reliable... Often on sale at Amazon or Argos, these can be set to alert you on loud sounds and/or movement and have great night vision.
    Yi Home camera 1080p
    I've recently moved from Yi to Eufy, difference is like chalk and cheese. Hated the Yi app with a passion, awful, i also had to reset the camera every few weeks as it would just stop recording. Eufy has far clearer video, audio, and the app is pleasure to use in comparison, with way more features. Motion alerts, sound alerts, pet / human detection etc. (edited)
    Might be worth checking if any baby monitors have these features. I don't think any of the outdoor ones would be suitable. It would be going off constantly to the point that you would end up ignoring it, or unplugging it. (edited)
    I don't think you will get a good one for £30
    Author
    Most of the options recommended here have good reviews and are under £30 tbh
    Author
    Thanks for all the comments. Does anyone know if the relevant app can be used on 2 phones at the same time? I work nights so some nights my wife would need to view the camera so we would both need the app
    You'd have to check in the camera manufacturer FAQs tbh.
    This is the Eufy one.. support.eufy.com/s/a…sly
    I had Yi cameras previous, they also let you log in with multiple devices at the same time. (edited)
's avatar