Posted 19 September 2023

Sky internet down

Has anyone had problems with sky internet both mine ( S/E London ) and my friends in Ramsgate. Have gone offline..
Community Updates
New Comment

23 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Looks like a nationwide issue 🫠
    On my computer, I've added Google's DNS servers 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 to my DNS Servers list without removing the existing ones there. So, I'm back online on my computer only but not other devices.
    Don't make any changes you're not sure of.
    Same here in Edinburgh.
    Now broadband - sky - was also out for a good 10 mins but is back now.
    Author
    Still down here in London
    Mine is down, now broadband. But I was able to browse with flashing blue light. I made a mistake and thought if I unplug it and turn it on again, it may fix it, now no Internet at all.
    Mine is working on some devices and not on others.
    Solar flare tonight, maybe why.
    I found a fix - use a VPN like Windscribe and try connecting.. mine works now. Other people on twitter have mentioned changing the DNS to 8888 too
    It's fixed lol
    Didn’t notice any problem with my Sky broadband, which is a miracle in itself
    Yes, down last night. Working now.
    Saw this last night on Now broadband.  DNS issue.  Used 8.8.8.8 and all good.  Shame you can’t set this at a router level, had to change on all devices.
    Ah, I've got my router set to use 1.1.1.1
    Ours went down (north of Dundee) last night about half 10 - is back this morning, but speeds are awful. Speedtest was showing ~2Mbps down 10 mins ago, up to ~15Mbps now, with the normal 18Mbps up. We normally get ~55Mbps down. So guessing they're gradually restoring service rather than big bang back to full speed.

Also, everything I've seen suggests broadband only - we also lost mobile data as well (use sky mobile for our phones)
    My Sky broadband went down last night about ten o'clock but its working fine this morning (Reading Berks).

Clearly some people have had a different experience but I've found Sky broadband to be generally reliable.
    I'm with Now, which is part of sky, no outage in the last 24 hours. Essex

51023449-L1zQp.jpg
    (An outage would show up as solid red bars.) (edited)
's avatar