Posted 19 September 2023

Where to buy Pixel 5 5g from?

Been using pixel 5 5g from EE just over 24 months and in the last two noticed the battery drop from one charge a day now needed 2 full charge.
I would like to continue using the same phone as it's the last model that gives unlimited photo storage on the pixel family.

Is there a website that i can purchase brand new pixel 5 or would I need to upgrade to something modern?
Community Updates
New Comment

9 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Why not replace the battery?
    If your still happy with it, changing the battery seems a good way forward. However software support finishes next month, so depends if that sort of thing bothers you or not. One option is to get a new phone but keep your pixel 5 about to periodically copy your photos over too and let it upload to the free unlimited storage (at data saver quality). My wife has the 4a 5G (very similar phone) and that's what we're planning
    if you want true unlimited storage its the pixel 1 you need.

i use it solely for uploading pics that i take on my pixel 7 pro, and the rest of the phones in the house

means you are not stuck with an older phone for daily use. (edited)
    Author
    So any pics you take with Pixel 7 you have to transfer them over to Pixel 1 to upload to the cloud, they don't auto appear in Pixel 1?

What method are you using to transfer over to the older phone?
's avatar