Posted 7 April 2016

Trading in car for another one plus cash my way.

Has anyone traded in a car & used it as a deposit,but also wanting some money back ?

I value my car at around only £3500. I'm looking/hoping a car trader will give me around the asking price & so I can lay down £2500 as a deposit & the car trader gives me £1000 in monies.
Not sure if they do this.
Community Updates
New Comment

13 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    WheresMeNuts

I have it on gumtree,but even when I make it clear I'll not be responding … I have it on gumtree,but even when I make it clear I'll not be responding to email requests out with gumtrees emails,they still chance an arm with "I'm wanting your car, please contact me now on " http://www.iLoveNutsBangingAffMaChin.com " of course I don't responded.

I love that website, they certainly take deposits, though not sure they'd pay back
    Author
    I have it on gumtree,but even when I make it clear I'll not be responding to email requests out with gumtrees emails,they still chance an arm with "I'm wanting your car, please contact me now on " ilovenutsbangingaffmachin.com " of course I don't responded.
    Are you wanting to part exchange your car for one that you believe is cheaper than your current one? Find out the webuyanycar price for your car which is what the traders will offer you.
    Author
    mittu1

Are you wanting to part exchange your car for one that you believe is … Are you wanting to part exchange your car for one that you believe is cheaper than your current one? Find out the webuyanycar price for your car which is what the traders will offer you.

They offered £2400 & would prefer to keep if that's all I got offered.
    I would have thought they would have offered around about the asking price & the car would be more at around £10-£12,000.
    Unless you really dont care about getting a deal, do NOT trade in your car with a dealer or sell with we buy any car. Stick it on Gumtree or a local free car selling website, a lot easier than you think and most people are genuine.
    WheresMeNuts

They offered £2400 & would prefer to keep if that's all I got offered.I … They offered £2400 & would prefer to keep if that's all I got offered.I would have thought they would have offered around about the asking price & the car would be more at around £10-£12,000.

Sadly they will undervalue your car so they can sell it on for a profit which is why they will even tell you to sell it privately if you think you can get more for it.
    Author
    mittu1

Sadly they will undervalue your car so they can sell it on for a profit … Sadly they will undervalue your car so they can sell it on for a profit which is why they will even tell you to sell it privately if you think you can get more for it.

Living in Scotland cars always sell cheaper than in England. I've seen it prices up around the £3900 mark on a few occasions,but myself looking for a bite at around £3500 sounds fair.

I'll go & see a dealer just now & see what they suggest.
    Depending on the dealership, it can be done. Main dealer will be more willing to do this than an independent/back street dealership.

Ive had a few customers who took cash out of the equity from the deal in the past.

Just remember you are essentially borrowing this for maybe a high APR % rate.
    Author
    katchiib

Depending on the dealership, it can be done. Main dealer will be more … Depending on the dealership, it can be done. Main dealer will be more willing to do this than an independent/back street dealership. Ive had a few customers who took cash out of the equity from the deal in the past.Just remember you are essentially borrowing this for maybe a high APR % rate.

They offered a cash back,but I never seen anything I liked.

BTW: That was Motorpoint.
    if your car is worth 3.5k expect a dealer to give you 2 grand for it. thats the way they make their money. private sale is your best bet
    Private selling is allways the best way to go. You get the most money you can from it.

My girlfriend bought a new car, they offered her £350 for her old one. We said no.
    I left her old one at the side of the road with a "For Sale" sign in it and £900ono underneath.

About an hour later i had a phonecall from somebody interested in buying the car, and another hour after that - my girlfriend had an extra £850 in her back pocket. A total of £400 more than she would have from the dealers if she had part ex'd.

Ill never part ex a car again and as for we buy any car -well, that just makes me laugh!
    I did this to offload a nag a few years back. Offered trade price from Glasses against a cheaper vehicle and pocketed a grand. This was a motorbike deal. I would not have expected anything more.

WeBuyAnycar can work if you can get a heavily discounted cash deal on a new car that the dealer is desperate to shift and you have a mint one to sell.
    The dealer will value your car on glass' trade value, they will then sell for glass' retail asking and sell for retail transacted. I could waffle on for ages, but essentially they're not conning you. It's simply business. Just sell it yourself....
's avatar