Posted 10 February 2023

Using VPN to buy games off Steam

Anyone done this? I came across some comments that people can buy cheaper using Argentina VPN.
Is there a guide on how to do this and any downsides?
Community Updates
New Comment

9 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    I have an Arg account but set it up quite a while ok. Back then you used be able to buy UK steam cards then apply them to your Arg account but they days are gone. I keep my UK and ARG account separate, I do VPN to ARG when using that account not sure if its required but I do it just to be safe.

Now I have steam deck its much more of a pain tbh.

In theory you could friend your UK and ARG account and do library sharing but seems pretty risky to me. Last thing I want to do get my UK account banned with over 700 games in it!
    I share my arg and turkey accounts with me and my son's UK account. (edited)
    It can be done but you risk your whole account getting banned so it depends how much you care about your account
    your better off making a new account then getting the games via vpn
    or look on ebay for the game you want pre brought on a steam account. i have been looking for the game "rust" but i have decided to wait until its on sale because i want it on my own account.

what game are you after ??
    There's certain people online that will convert your account you will need an Argentina credit card people charge between $2-5 for the service and you get a fresh account.
    You will need to buy Argentina steam gift cards
    Turkey not Argentina as they stopped selling Argentina vouchers so the price went up. You cannot buy Argentina with a card.. only vouchers
's avatar