Posted 26 October 2023

Whats next after Google Pixel 6 pro?

My son broke his Pixel 6 Pro and now the display works only in the top 30% of the screen. Whats a better choice to go for? Pixel 8 or Pixel 7a or Nothing phone2?

Pixel 8 - £699 - £165 = £534 (After trade-in)

Pixel 7a - £449 - £140 = £309 (After trade-in)

Nothing phone2 - £629

Or shall I give my Pixel 7 pro to him and try Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra? Thanks
Community Updates
New Comment

4 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    If he's used to the Pixel 6 Pro the 8 is the better of the two as the closest alternative.

I'm on a 6 Pro myself and love it (although Google maps and long drives have given it serious screen burn!).

The 8/8pro are much more like the 6 than the 7a is. In terms of spec and also the 8 comes packed with more AI support in the camera functionality.

Not sure how he broke his 6pro but I use a Spigen case I bought from Amazon I think and even without screen protector it's done me massive favours! The kids have dropped it out the car, it's landed in water, it's been dropped/thrown across a room and even fell from the top of the stairs onto a solid floor and despite all that, it isn't cracked, broken or damaged at all. That's just the case without a screen protector (it does wrap around a bit of the screen) well worth the cost and I would definitely choose Spigen again.

This is the link for the case for an 8 if you did decide to go down that route.
    Spigen Tough Armor Case Compatible with Google Pixel 8 - Metal Slate amzn.eu/d/7…roT
    Spigen do other cases but Tough Armor is what I have got and it's a bit like Ronseal.
    Pixel 8 or Pixel 7a might be a good move, especially since you can get a discount with a trade-in. The Pixel 8 is the newest option, but the Pixel 7a is also a solid pick if you're trying to save a few bucks. If you've got an older Pixel lying around, that might be a good hand-me-down option, too. As for the Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra, it's always smart to shop around and compare features before making a decision.
    In my opinion, you should probably give him your p7p and get the Samsung galaxy s23 rather than the ultra. You can save a lot of money and still get premium features.
's avatar