Posted 29 August 2023

Google Pixel acces

Hi!

How can I control my phone from/with my laptop? It's smashed so it doesn't worth to fix it but I need to acces some apps on it.
Community Updates
New Comment

5 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    It depends how badly damaged it is as you could cast the screen to another device and use a USB keyboard/mouse to control it (Chrome casting should already be available/installed). Sadly Google decided not to include the hardware required to output HDMI over USB, so IIRC none of the Pixel phone range support HDMI over USB.
    Other options are to install 3rd party apps to allow remote control, again though it's easier to perform that with a working screen (I know you can force the install of TeamViewer for example, however you need to configure the access).
    Other 3rd party apps are AirDroid & APowerMirror
    If you can cast your screen to your TV then you can use a usb mouse to control your phone screen
    Can you access/use it at all? The only way I know it would likely work would need an app to be installed and settings to be changed.
    Maybe u can use voice commands to activate the relevant screen casting options?
    Author
    Display is black 98%...so it"s unusable..
's avatar