Amazon's 'This item cannot be shipped to your selected delivery location. Please choose a different delivery location. '

Posted 10th Feb 2023
Hi all.

Just today I've tried to buy things bought many, many times before esp S&S things like 6x cartons/tins of..... with a 'This item cannot be shipped to your selected delivery location. Please choose a different delivery location.'

Anyone else now having this issue they didn't before? I've seen a few folk on here this morning mention it for certain deals.

I live in the middle of a city so somewhat puzzled. Not great for me as buying things like I mention are cheaper and good to buy in bulk since I don't drive so can't do big shops. Grrrrrr.
Community Updates
New Comment

Categories

12 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    I've seen quite a few of these. Never managed to resolve a purchase on items with this message tho'.
    I have contacted Amazon via the live chat a few times using this route...

Amazon homepage --> Customer Service --> Something else --> Contact us --> type the word 'adviser' in the "Tell us more about what you need..." area --> hit send / enter / return

...to try and get an order placed. It usually turns out to be an incorrect stock status and when you try and order "computer says no".
    Check your default delivery location, maybe that is different.
    I had similar error last week, turns out my default was accidentally set outside UK. (edited)
    I think it sometimes has to be an Amazon item & also shipped by them. I have this trouble sometimes when i want it shipped to my local hub counter.
    Author
    Yeah, only have one address (don't even have a locker or nearby shop fro collection).

Yes, only appears to be Amazon items, not 3rd party. Very strange as something I bought last week now shows this message. And one of the deals this morning where someone else mentioned this message I did a dummy run on and have same message too. Eek. Was hoping it could be a glitch but not looking likely.
    I had this last week, I just updated my address (it was the same) in my account settings and that fixed it.
    I think the problem was that I was sending to a first initial + surname rather than a full name, which wasn't allowed when I updated. (edited)
    often get this... even lockers are verboden !
    Funnily enough, not an issue if you have prime
    Sometimes happens if really small or bulky. Small will be delivered by royal mail.
    I think it's some sort of inventory bug - but I've also seen this alert happen when an item has been available to buy then later went out of stock.

Sometimes emailing (whoever you email now, apparently jeff at amazon dot com doesn't work) allows you to buy it - well - that's what happened when I wanted to purchase a watch showing that error. A day after emailing, I was able to put an order in.

(I'm talking about an account with an address book that has tried and trusted email and payment details in it, though - not sure about genuine address errors when it's a newer one).

Only used Amazon Locker / pick up once or twice when the £5 promo was live (before Xmas), and it's true enough, if it's too big or bulky for that destination you get that error too. (edited)
    Those of us living in Northern Ireland are continually receiving this notification when attempting to purchase as a result of the Windsor Framework and that Northern Ireland still resides within the EU single market.
    Sometimes it can be a stock error bug where it's OOS already or it does have stock and might need attention (I had a watch I wanted to buy that generated this bug and the price even fluctuated over the days! Dynamic price changes probably suggest people are able to order it?).

I've heard of this error happening and some in the UK can order, some can't (for reference, I'm in Scotland, so it's not an NI thing, in my case).

Might be worth emailing - not sure jeff at amazon dot com works now, as this was just before he left! (edited)
    Just realised this is a very old thread and I've replied already!
    If your address is correct, it means OOS
's avatar
Top Merchants