Exchange Love2Shop for something useful?

Posted 15th Jul 2020
I received this Love2Shop giftcard with £80 almost a year ago and up to this day I can't find anywhere to use it. Currys apparently accepts it but not online. I just tried ordering from waterstones and again, doesn't accept this card online.

Is it possible to exchange it for something useful, like pre-paid mastercard or maybe specific shop's giftcard that I could use online?
Community Updates
Love2Shop vouchers are the perfect gift for Christmas or birthdays that you can spend at over 20,000 stores, restaurants and attractions. Love2Shop offer physical vouchers as well as gift cards, it’s these gift cards that can be used for Love2Shop exchange for Amazon gift cards. You can choose from over 40 brands to convert your Love2Shop vouchers into, for example, you can convert your Love2Shop gift card into a gift card for Just Eat which makes getting your Saturday night takeaway even easier. A lot of people don’t realise that you can actually exchange gift cards for Love2Shop to Amazon gift cards.

50769-SK5QB.jpg
Where can I use Love2Shop Vouchers?

You can spend Love2Shop vouchers at many of your favourite high street stores such as Argos, HMV, New Look and more. Also, you can spend the vouchers at attractions up and down the country such as Blackpool Pleasure Beach and Pontins. Love2Shop vouchers are accepted by a whole host of retailers, not to mention the variety of restaurants such as Spaghetti House and Hard Rock Cafe.

Can I use Love2Shop on Amazon?

Love2Shop vouchers and gift cards aren’t accepted on Amazon but you can convert Love2Shop gift cards to an Amazon e-gift card which can then be used to shop at Amazon.

50769-mGyuN.jpgHow to use Love2Shop gift card on Amazon?

If you receive a Love2Shop gift card, you can convert Love2Shop to Amazon gift cards or for one of the many other partner retailers, such as Asos. It’s simple to do, here’s how to exchange Love to Shop vouchers for Amazon vouchers:

• Head to the Love2Shop website.
  • Go to the gift card section.
  • Activate your card and log in.
  • Then choose the option of exchanging the Love2Shop e-Gift Card for a branded e-Gift card.
  • Find Amazon from the long list of over 40 brands.
  • Then choose the value and add it to the basket.
  • Check your emails for details about your new Amazon e-gift card.
  • Once you have all the details for the Amazon gift card, go to our Amazon account and add the gift card to your account by clicking ‘Redeem a Gift Card’ and applying it to your balance.
  • You simply start shopping on Amazon and when it comes to paying for your next Amazon order, just uses your balance on the Amazon payment page.
New Comment

23 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    You can use it in Boots and Iceland afaik
    Love2shop allow you to exchange it for an e-gift card on their website for lots of stores including John Lewis and Currys.
    actually
    Author
    Thetrout16/07/2020 00:10

You can change it to a prepaid Credit card on their website but you lose …You can change it to a prepaid Credit card on their website but you lose 5% of the value.Create a love2shop account, transfer your gift card balance to a digital balance (I'm going off memory here) you can then create a Credit card balance with it

That's what I ended up doing, thanks. I lost 10% but at least I got mastercard which I can use anywhere.
    You can change it to a prepaid Credit card on their website but you lose 5% of the value.

Create a love2shop account, transfer your gift card balance to a digital balance (I'm going off memory here) you can then create a Credit card balance with it (edited)
    I can't get these options to work, does anyone know if it's still possible?
    If anyone is leaving at work; start their collection and suggest love2shop vouchers. Take the money instead.

Unused if you are back to work with covid or are unemployed
    clatron03/02/2022 12:47

if you casn use it in iceland, buy what about using it in iceland to buy …if you casn use it in iceland, buy what about using it in iceland to buy an amazon voucher off the shelf?

A bit late for that, his post was over sixteen months ago .
    I’m sure there is a website that you can sell it to, unfortunately you won’t receive the value
    Trust me, you fared well with Love2Shop - I once received a 'Postoffice' - used it once, forgot about it for ..quite a while.. went back to it, and didn't realise they took a month fee from the balance irrespective of use/or not.
    You can spend at argos online too, or as above exchange for a voucher. Think you can do a prepaid mastercard, then just transfer the balance via paypal to your partner, although there maybe a charge to convert to prepaid card

Edit, yeah 10% (edited)
    5% loss with an amazon transfer, but i see youve already done it
    cache16/07/2020 12:55

5% loss with an amazon transfer, but i see youve already done it

Sorry a bit late to the party...I am having the same difficulty in trying to use the vouchers as the shops don't accept them anywhere at the moment...does anyone know how can I do the amazon transfer for my paper vouchers please?
    if you casn use it in iceland, buy
    Hker06/09/2020 09:41

Sorry a bit late to the party...I am having the same difficulty in trying …Sorry a bit late to the party...I am having the same difficulty in trying to use the vouchers as the shops don't accept them anywhere at the moment...does anyone know how can I do the amazon transfer for my paper vouchers please?

what about using it in iceland to buy an amazon voucher off the shelf?
    cuzzy03/02/2022 12:53

A bit late for that, his post was over sixteen months ago .

haha i didnt even realise
    LoveToShop show here a procedure to exchange your voucher. What it is does NOT show is they will charge you 5% for the “service”. The first you know is at the checkout. Very poor. A complaint to the company was responded to quickly and politely but firm on their stance but no explanation as to why and that is in fact an internal charge, not a charge by Amazon I.e. boosting profits.
    Loafs of shops take Love to shop vouchers. Wilko take them for sure as spent mine in there for cleaning and household bits
    The best is to use these vouchers to buy amazon vouchers at a Store, Morrison's for example. I haven't tried, but I think this will work without loosing any money
    Love2Shop vouchers are the perfect gift for Christmas or birthdays that you can spend at over 20,000 stores, restaurants and attractions.

I'm afraid they are far from the "perfect" gift as the list of mainstream stores is a little limited, but a lot of people get them from employers because they somehow circumvent the 'taxable benefits' at work.

Be careful when using the highstreetvouchers.com/ website because you may be tricked into thinking you can convert them to (for example) John Lewis vouchers, but you'll only end up "buying" John Lewis vouchers but you'll still have those Love2Shop vouchers because they won't be accepted at chekout. Y&ou can only convert Love2Shop vouchers to other vouchers as listed on the Love2Shop website.
    Does anyone know how to find the unique card name I can’t seem to find it 
    I can't find Amazon anywhere for exchanging my purple card , it's not in the list....
    These vouchers are a real pain to be given as gift. Instead give them cash or bank transfer so that they can buy something of their choice freely. I wonder who came up with this pathetic LUV2SHOP and is surviving.
's avatar