Oculus, piece of junk.

Posted 12th Aug 2023
Daughter trying to play this afternoon, hours spent downloading, account creating, now they want me to upload ID, how much do these sell for
Community Updates
New Comment

Categories

5 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Facebook bought oculus in 2014, you wouldnt expect anything else from them.
    Would that not be because of the age content of some games.

Not sure I would want a 6 year old playing resident evil.
    But no other gaming device requires ID upload!?
    Spook - I just had a similar experience setting up a PS4 Pro for VR. I bought the console 2nd hand so the first thing I did was factory reset it. Then I had to plug in the controller and walk through the initial setup, download loads of updates. I made the mistake of plugging in the camera prior to setting up the VR and it kept asking to check the camera was connected - I had to unplug it first, run the setup again and then plug it in! So annoying, these are the details they don't tell you about. I can;t imagine the amount of effort involved in setting up the Oculus, but I'm glad I convinced my kids to just stick with the PSVR!

Also with the age thing - doesn't the hardware point out that it really shouldn't be used by anyone under 12 (something to do with their eye development, not the age restricted games)
    I never had to upload an id? Are you sure it's not optional?

Just had to put in some age settings (so set it as you). I'll try and help if you can give more details, sure others are too good luck
's avatar