£50 gift card for Amazon revew

Posted 25th Sep 2023
Bought a smart watch on Amazon and with it was a card saying if I leave a 5star review, I would get 50 pounds by taking a screenshot and emailing to gift-servicse-uk@hotmail.com

Do you actually get the money or is it a scam!?
Community Updates
New Comment

Categories

16 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Ive had this too but for a different email address. I left a five star review and didn’t receive anything so after a month went into the review and edited it to say ‘five stars because they offered me money to leave a five star review. Product is rubbish’. They contacted me within a day asking me to change it and gave me a £30 amazon voucher before I edited it back.

You got to to play by their rules to get it sometimes.
    Was it rubbish or was it worth the 5 stars?
    Does it mean a large percentage of reviews are not genuine ??
    If true sad.
    a lot of reviews are not genuine and when you post a bad review, the supplier can ask you to change the review if they give you part refund. same thing happen on ebay. so you have to take all the positive reviews with a pinch of salt and pay more attention to the poor reviews as they are obviously genuine!
    I v e had this before....yeah never got anything.
    I got offered a gift card if I left a review for earbuds. Didn't get anything. Never left a review for anything since
    I doubt a single review would be worth £50 to the seller so there's a very low chance of you receiving anything (edited)
    yeah, if it was £2 i would be more likely to believe it. as you say £50 doesn't sound right.
    worst case scenario you've left them a review for nothing - best case you get £50.

I used to get ads on facebook saying buy this product - review it and send us a message and you can have it for free.

got a decent fan, air purifier and all sorts...
    I've had this before and got refunds vouchers ect.. but its normally in products people have got for free anyway and left reviews
    I've had a few similar cards a while back, couple of £10 and £5 amazon vouchers all received and redeemed ok.
    Had this for a security camera and got it through fine, £20 voucher on £50 item. If you're buying it anyway can't hurt to try (edited)
    I've had this for £20/30 products before. I wanted a certain product, found one and purchased. They sent the product FBA and I do tend to review when buying if they're good and if they are bad or don't work. The product was great I reviewed it as normal and about a week later recieved a letter asking for a review and they would refund. So sent them a screen of the review I'd already done and they refunded with amazon gift card codes.

After that they offered numerous products but there was only one I would have used so got that one on the same purchase/then refund with gift cards. They never asked for reviews on the secondary ones though for the gift card codes and refunded just by proof of purchase.

I could have had more but there wasn't anything useful and didn't want to clutter the house with pointless stuff, my wife's good enough at that on her own (and without gift cards/refunds) (edited)
    I've only been asked once to leave a 5 star review, it was for a pair of Xbox controller batteries. I'd have happily left a 5 star review anyway but thought I'd might as well do as the little card said. Sent a screenshot of the review and didn't hear anything back. A week later another 2 batteries turned up in the post. (edited)
    Girlfriend got a similar one with a cheap projector. She paid like £180, and it came with a 50£ gift card if leaving a review.

She ended up receiving the gift card
's avatar