Richer Sounds 6 Year Guarantee Experience

Posted 3rd Dec 2023 (Posted 5 h, 55 m ago)
Considered buying a new TV from Richer Sounds because they provide a 6 year Guarantee.

Has anyone had experience with them regarding a TV becoming faulty within the guarantee period?

Was it easy to deal with & did your TV get repaired ok etc..?

Do they ever pass you on to deal with the manufacturer directly?

Also considered buying from Hughes & Mark's Electrical. Any experience with those?

Thanks
Community Updates
New Comment

Categories

11 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    The warranty is depleting each year which means that if the TV can't be repaired, the payout will be a percentage each year of use.
    Best to get it from Costco if you are concerned about the guarantee although 5 years.
    I had an 47" LG TV panel fail about 10 years ago within 12 months, they sent it to LG who replaced the panel. Another 7 months or so later the same thing happened, I was waiting about 6 weeks and told they could change the panel due to cost so was offered a like for like or credit... ended up taking the credit and upgrading to a 55" Samsung.
    Last year my Onkyo AVR had a fault where it kept turning off, then just stopped all together which was about 3 years old. Due to Onkyo going bust I was again waiting ages about 7-8 weeks, eventually said the same again like for like or credit... took the credit and got a 8k Denon.
    So my experience they've been good, just a waiting game really
    About 3 years ago I had a Samsung 55" that failed towards the end of the warranty. They came out to my home, took TV away and it was returned fully repaired within a week.
    Service was faultless.
    Had similar experiences with a failed Onkyo AVR and Blu-Ray player, service has always been faultless
    Had nothing but good dealings ref the warranty
    Our tv failed five and a half years after purchase. Managed to get fifty percent of the value back which went on a LG oled during a sale. I think it was a powerboard failure but they couldn't fix it. Got the faulty tv back aswell, may fix it myself. With Costco I would have received nothing, probably.
    If it had failed within the 5 years then you would have received a full refund....
    Only ever used it once, and that was when it was 5 years. Had a Yamaha AV Receiver power supply pop 6 months into ownership. They wanted to send it off for repair, I managed to get them to replace the unit for a Pioneer Receiver of a like-for-like price instead, they even transferred over the 5 year warranty to that, so was pleased with the outcome. The Pioneer is still going strong some 8 years later, however it has recently been replaced due to its lack of HDR and 120hz support.
    Author
    Thanks everybody, overall seems like really good experiences
    I guess you've made your mind up from other comments...but here is my experience of richer sounds 5 year guarantee a bit back...I can't fault them...had a telly that packed in at 4 years 11 months in guarantee...they took it away and condemned it and gave me a brand new far better equivalent modern telly...and...they offered me the option to spend a bit more if I wanted something bigger etc...
's avatar
Top Merchants