App For Selling vinyl

Posted 26th Nov 2023 (Posted 6 h, 9 m ago)
Hello,

I finally made decision to start sorting some of my dad‘s possessions out, now I know there’s musicMagpie to get DVDs and CDs sold even if they only make a penny or two, but just wondering if anyone knew of an application for selling vinyls I have rung a couple of vinyl stores in North Wales, but they all keeps telling me to take them to a trade fair which is an okay option, but I have no idea what the value of these vinyls and I don’t want to be under selling. if anyone knows any useful applications or anywhere to sell that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Community Updates
New Comment

19 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Discogs? At least that will give you an indication on value. Hope that helps.
    Author
    Thank you I will have a look
    Absolutely do not sell to a record trader or shop. They will likely offer you such a small amount it wouldn't be worth selling them in the first place. As already mentioned it's best to use Discogs to get a general idea of value, and to understand how the grading system works. It's worth using even if you only check it for an estimate of their value and don't plan on selling there. You could grade the records yourself then use eBay to sell them. Facebook Marketplace is a good option too, because you can put them all in one big listing with prices in the description, and if you're open to accepting offers people may want to buy a few of them at a time at a discount.

If you want to find the exact record variant, you'll need to check the run-outs on the vinyl itself, which will be a series of letters or numbers imprinted on the centre of the record. Type the run-outs exactly into Discogs search and you'll find the record. This can be extremely annoying to do though, especially on records where there were hundreds or thousands of different variants made, such as Dark Side of The Moon.

What sort of records are there? Anything by popular 60s or 70s bands will generally be worth something, like The Beatles, Pink Floyd, Queen. The stuff to avoid is easy listening or classical music which will likely be worth pennies and is usually found in charity shops. With that being said though, there are some rare exceptions which can be worth a fair amount.
    Author
    that’s all good in saying however I don’t really have the time to do listings like that and then send them off via Royal mail. It’s not something I really wanna do and all honesty even getting into the stage of recognising that these records need to leave the house, it’s hard enough at the moment all I know is that there is at least 100 or so large LPs probably 100 small ones. There’s anything from the queen Beatles, some country music, Michael Jackson, some on that website are showing values of between £20-£40 give or take so much, just showing as pennies, I just want them to vanish as quickly as possible so I can start piecing my life back together again
    Foe sale
    Ebay. Vinted. Facebook marketplace. Olio. car boots

Foe free
    Freecycle. Freegle. Facebook marketplace. Olio
    Author
    They won't be going for free, I don't have Facebook, eBay would be to costly. Ideally was looking for an option like Musicmagie but that doesn't exist. Will just have to find a record store that can take them
    Discogs for an indication of real value and previous sale prices. If you're not in a hurry to sell, list on eBay and Discogs. Their app lets you scan barcodes to make it easier to list. (edited)
's avatar