For everyone who's WFH - which chair do you use/ recommend?

Posted 28th Jan 2023
Hello all,

For those who have been working from home, and have a desktop, which Chair do you use or would recommend?
Community Updates
Ask
New Comment

26 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    I got a refurbished Steelcase Leap V2 for £377. Well worth the money.

Incredible chair, really comfortable and solidly built, most comfortable office chair I've ever had whilst still having great back support.
    Author
    Wow £377. Much above my budget

Can you share a link though?
    A used Herman Miller Mirra £150 - 200 on ebay. Dont pay more than £200 for one. The V2 model can be higher prices but not necessarily worth the extra in my opinion.

2 of the 3 of us in this house use this chair for 8 hours + each day WFH
    La-Z-Boy and a wireless keyboard.
    Rocking.
    whatever i find on my local gumtree from small business closing down. otherwise people talk of ikea markus
    I have a Secretlabs chair. Cannot recommend enough.
    If you want back problems later in life, then yeah. Gaming chairs are the worst.

Get a workstation/operator chair from a reputable brand, HM, Steelcase, Humanscale etc.
    Herman Miller Aaeron
    Herman Miller Cosm here. Went from a wooden chair. Forced posture did me wonders.
    sofa
    RH Logic 400 off ebay/gumtree/shpock
    Sofa
    Secretlab Titan! I used to be very anti-gaming chair as I thought they were all junk, but this one changed my mind. I've got the 2020 fabric version which used to be about £350 but they bring out updated versions every couple of years and I'm not sure if the prices have gone up since then. Worth checking their website though
    I had a rather expensive office chair that my employer gave me, but I started getting back pain even though I was using it correctly.

I opted for a kneeling chair which was £50 and for the past 18 months I have not had any issues, for years I was sceptical about them but for me I never had an issue.
    orangebox flo chair got it roughly 8 years ago still going strong
    steelcase leap v2. Got it pre covid from 2nd-hnd for £355 in 2017. Its a pretty good chair, but it now needs new arm rests as the sides have burst and the top is all wrinked. replacements from the manufacturer are quite expensive as you'd expect, and haven't yet tried aftermarket ones.
    Herman Miller, Ahrend or Humanscale from one of the many refurbished ex-office chair places if you can find a good price and afford it, but that price is massively variable because it depends on how many major tech firms have recently finished a downsize. Judging from recent announcements that might be better done in the summer or so. This is what I have, though I was given mine by my old job, don’t know what the retailer is like:

corporatespec.com/pro…ck/

If that’s too dear, the next next option is an IKEA Markus, the traditional choice of indie developers everywhere.

Mostly, though, avoid anything that says “gaming”. (edited)
's avatar