Men’s Razors

Posted 7th Aug 2023
Hello,
can any recommend a decent men’s razor?

Currently using Harry’s but the refills are so expensive!

Looking for something where the refills are a bit more affordable and possibly last a little longer?
Community Updates
New Comment

12 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Bic flex 3, often £2 for 4 on Amazon and around £2.25 for 4 in places like Savers. Cartridge quality razor just on a disposable handle. Lacura 3 blade from Aldi, £1.65 (I think) for 4 are also good, they're just a three blade Wilkinson quattro on a disposable handle. Gillette blue 3 also decent when on sale or in Savers.
    Lidl pack of 10 disposable are like £1.50 or something, they're some of the best shaves i've had.
    Are you open to old fashioned double edge shaving? Blades will cost you £5-6 a year on average, even if you use one blade a week. A starter razor and pack of 5-10 blades from Gillette regularly pops up around £10-12.
    Totally agree. I have a very dark beard (imagine Homer Simpson without the looks and intelligence) and I've used an old fashioned double blade razor for 20 years plus.)
    A good razor could be less than £20 and as an example Amazon do 100 blades, so 200 shaves minimum, of the excellent Derby blade for £5.99. So 6 pence a blade.
    amazon.co.uk/Der…031

This King C Gilette handle is £14. It'll feel heavier than a plastic but stick with it and its worth it. You can get like £5 ones but cheaper ones can be frustrating.
    amazon.co.uk/Gil…-10

Also very little plastic waste and blades tend to be wrapped in paper and being steel can be recycled.
    Does it have to be a traditional razor or is electric okay? The Philips One blade is fantastic. Refills aren't super affordable but they certainly last a while. (edited)
's avatar