PS5 (Disc Version) Discount Offer | Will it Ever Return?

Posted 12th Aug 2023
Sony recently discounted their PS5 disc consoles by a good £75 during their 'Summer Sale'. Little did I know, that this ended earlier this week and consoles have reverted back to the higher price everywhere!

I was scouting the rumoured 'slim' PS5 console which is expected to be released next month. Following the leak of the new console, I'm not really interested since it has little difference. Therefore, I now feel extremely foolish to have overlooked the discounted offer everywhere.

Does anyone know if this discount is likely to return any time soon or whether any retailers may actually still be running it?

Thanks.
Community Updates
New Comment

Categories

5 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    If the slim is released, the current gen will undoubtedly be reduced in price
    If I had to guess, most likely Black Friday or perhaps earlier if the Slim is released before November
    If they do release the slim anytime soon it'll have to be November for Christmas or at the latest the start of December.
    I've got a day one PS5 and interested in a Pro model, the slim doesn't interested me as I never look at the PS5.
    It's a shame you missed out on the deal as it was a good saving
    The £75/£80 discount promotion was to celebrate 40 million consoles being sold worldwide
    I think it was £50 off, it was the first sale but you may get another chance Black Friday.

What you could do is buy it for £480 and don't buy any £60 games for it for a while and sub to PS+ Extra which you can get for £79 using Shopto top up vouchers, this gives you a huge games list.

theloadout.com/ps-…ist
's avatar