Question about flight delay compensation

Posted 1st Aug 2023
Hi Guys

Just returned home from 9 days in Turkey.

On our outflight we were schedule to depart at 16.05 - however we incurred a 3 hour delay as we finally left at 19.10

We were told that this was due to operational issues (apparently something to do with the lighting onboard).

Can anyone advise would this mean we would be entitled to contact Jet2 customer services for some level of compensation?

I have read if you are delayed for over 3 hours (and it’s the airlines fault) that you may be?
Community Updates
New Comment

Categories

10 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    You departed the gate at 18:53 and took off at 19:09, thus 2hrs 48mins late.

You arrived at 00:51 on the Sunday, thus 2hr 21mins late.

So not over three hours no.
    Author
    Thank you for looking into this - saved me sending a lengthy email to jet 2, no worries.
    It is measured on the Delay to your Arrival - rather than your Departure time.

Normally the departure time allows a lot of lee-way to arrival time. So if you took off exactly 3 hours after you were meant to, you probably didn't arrive 3 hours or more late? More likely 2.5 hours? (edited)
    Author
    I believe that’s possibly correct i didn’t take a recording of the time we landed.

The flight number was LS921, was scheduled for departure Saturday 22nd July at 16.05 - I think we we took off at 19.10. (edited)
    The delay time was 2:21h, so no compensation
's avatar