Selling on Vinted

Posted 21st Apr 2021
Hi, hope this is allowed...

I listed a few things on Vinted earlier and one item has sold already. It says the buyer has paid by credit card and that I should post the item. It transpires I need to post it AND the buyer needs to receive it before I can access the money. The buyer has paid £1.99 for Royal Mail 2nd class (not a price I set) which I don't think is enough. In any case I can post the item tomorrow but what if the buyer claims it was not received or what if it goes missing? Of course I'll get and upload prooof of posting as per their policy but I just feel like I'm missing something here.

Am I?
Community Updates
New Comment

9 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    If it goes missing in transit you will need to claim from Royal Mail as you are the seller.

How did you intend to send it ?
    squiff22/04/2021 09:04

Thank you for the replies. I don't live near a Hermes drop off …Thank you for the replies. I don't live near a Hermes drop off unfortunately so I have no choice but to send second class. It's a small parcel and Vinted has charged the buyer £1.99. We all know small parcels cost £3 to send by RM and that's without a signature!

Hermes do home collection for 60p extra. Royal Mail are doing free home collections at the moment but obviously more expensive.
    I use vinted quite a bit I usually send my items via Hermes and I haven't had any problems
    Pay extra and post it recorded or use Hermes tracked service. Then double check your existing listings and see if you can changed the postage options.
    Author
    Thank you for the replies. I don't live near a Hermes drop off unfortunately so I have no choice but to send second class. It's a small parcel and Vinted has charged the buyer £1.99. We all know small parcels cost £3 to send by RM and that's without a signature!
    squiff22/04/2021 09:04

Thank you for the replies. I don't live near a Hermes drop off …Thank you for the replies. I don't live near a Hermes drop off unfortunately so I have no choice but to send second class. It's a small parcel and Vinted has charged the buyer £1.99. We all know small parcels cost £3 to send by RM and that's without a signature!

what's the value?
    squiff22/04/2021 16:58

£8

Ok so not worth the additional cost of sending signed for.
    Author
    chrb22/04/2021 17:28

Ok so not worth the additional cost of sending signed for.

Definitely not.
's avatar