Stacking Dryer Atop Washing Machine

Posted 3rd Aug 2023
Has anyone attempted this successfully? We can't have a separate utility space as the kitchen will be against a single wall in an open plan.

We'd like to maximise space, and reduce noise where possible, I'm wondering if this would be better Vs under the counter?

We can put same design doors to cover them rather than integrated.

Thanks for thoughts
Community Updates
New Comment

5 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    You can buy a stacking kit that holds the dryer securely. This one for example
    We put our drier on a shelf above the washing machine, similar idea to the stacking kit. You need something otherwise there's a danger of the dryer being shook off by the washing machine spin cycle.

It's a common thing to do though, just make it secure.
    We've also got our dryer on a shelf, made from an off cut of worktop above the washing machine. A long time ago we had a pair of hotpoints stacked and screwed together with the manufacturer's overpriced kit (back when Hotpoint was an actual UK manufacture) worked ok, but was a nuisance when the washing machine needed fixing, or pulling out to clean. (edited)
    I have a hotpoint washer and a Bosch dryer. I use a Wpro SKS101 as mentioned above to stack them. There is a pull out shelf in the middle and a strap that secures them both together. Works well.
    I also got some washing machine wheels to make it easier to move
    50719866-OJGC8.jpg (edited)
    I haven't done it personally - however I saw a few stacking kits on my quest to purchase a new machine recently...
's avatar