Washing Machine: AEG or Haier

Posted 27th Nov 2023 (Posted 6 h, 17 m ago)
Does anyone have any experience/comments on the washing machines below? Or what brand would be better?

AEG ProSteam® Technology LF7C8636BI Integrated 8kg Washing Machine with 1600 rpm - White - B Rated - 2 year warranty
or
Haier Series 4 HWQ90B416FWB-UK Integrated 9kg Washing Machine with 1600 rpm - White - A Rated - 5 year warranty

I can get both for roughly the same price, trying to decide whether or not to go for the better energy rating, or the better warranty.

First time having to buy a washing so any help/comments would be appreciated, thank you.
Community Updates
New Comment

6 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    The AEG with an extended warranty.

The Haier may be decent, but they're Chinese made and spares can be a nightmare to get hold of!
    Interesting that the indicated Haier model has a conspicuously-omitted "5 years warranty" banner at Haier-Europe website product page,
    yet the banner is splattered all over other models' product pages:

51594536-ZmvSM.jpg
    If you do decide on Haier option it may be worthwhile to pre-download and note archive of Haier PDF authored by Heather Chen dated 06 July 2023 that includes the indicated model in the wrty extension list:
    web.archive.org/web…uly
    as lifted directly from Haier site URL at
    cms.haier-europe.com/doc…uly

Also note obligation to register to trigger wrty extension:
    Providing that you register your purchase with Haier within 28 days of purchase in accordance with the Haier promotion, Haier guarantees the labour for an additional 3 years...

...Haier approved engineers will replace all defective parts free of charge, except for parts subject to fair wear and tear...

Consider that the choice of retailer (for any purchase) is potentially more critical as manu wrty is voluntary/unenforceable,
    whereas the 5-6 years product quality & durability obligations of the retailer/creditprovider is mandatory and enforceable.
    Polite reminder it is essential to directly pay the trader via any element of UK-regulated credit to provide access to S75 options (and beware any use of PayPal and/or "PayPal Credit" would need pre-purchase clarification if the transaction would subsequently qualify for S75).
    I used AEG washing machine and so far so good, they are pretty quiet washing machine and so far very reliable. John Lewis: gives 2 years warranty.

51594846-AWp9a.jpgI have no comments on Haier
    Reference:

which.co.uk/rev…gGx (edited)
    AEG is an Electrolux brand, they make pretty decent washing machines. I've got an old Zanussi which was also an Electrolux.

I wouldn't be keen on an integrated machine myself, you will be paying a premium for integrated, and I prefer to leave the door and draw open to prevent mould and bacteria growth, so the cabinet door on an integrated machine would be a nuisance.
    Author
    Thanks for your reply's, much appreciated.

Gone with the AEG, at £440 through my work perks platform, it seemed like too good a price to pass on.
    You might find this service manual handy if you ever get a fault, it has got a detailed list of what the error codes mean. Its a bit out of date (only up to 2009 models), but most error codes are likely to still be the same.

tds.electrolux.com/oth…PDF

And should you ever be minded to fix it yourself, this one covers the various components tds.electrolux.com/oth…PDF
's avatar