Amazon Prime deals seriously misleading

Posted 11th Jul 2023
They are showing percentage off the retail price, not the price even from before midnight, absoulete joke and it's digusting how misleading it is.
Community Updates
New Comment

Categories

13 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Yup. Use price history websites before buying. Camelcamelcamel for eg
    Most of the things in my wish list went up in price this past week, and by quite a lot
    Same, I had my eye on a micro SD card for the deck, and saw the prices shoot up. Today it's back to 'normal' with a 'x% off' banner across it!
    The expectation that a for profit business should make it easy for a consumer to get the best deal is delusional. What happened to "buyer beware"?
    Not providing a frame of reference is one thing, but actively misleading the buyer as to previous prices is quite another.

Have a look at the rules the ASA follows for example:
    asa.org.uk/adv…tml

Essentially a seller should only be using RRP if it's a real price that the product is frequently bought at.
    aww, so close. I'm hunting for the yearly "prime deals are disappointing this year" post.
    Get back to work, Frankie.
    Unfortunately this is the case every year, however I have seen some really ludicrous price increases - far more than previous years. I've already managed to get a really decent reduction on an item I was considering buying anyway, so there are still many bargains to be had
    You must be new to amazon prime
    It's annoying that it shows the same price but a side section of price for prime members, so price tracking websites don't change with the new prices!
    Wait till you find out about Black Friday
's avatar