Anyone used onbuy.com?

Posted 5th Dec 2019
Having to edit this , as I misread the name....
Hi, onbuy.com has a pretty good Trustpilot rating, and the website is very well designed, but something didn't look right. I started to buy something, and went to Paypal, but noticed the 'Cancel and Return to' was to Kardon Global Limited, rather than onbuy. The listed director at Companies House does not appear on the onbuy website. Incorporated Sept 2018, but the website says "Since launching in 2016". Strange that the domain name appears to be 14yrs old, owned by Visor Commerce Ltd. perhaps they bought the domain.
Ultimately, this is a 'marketplace' website, and I assume any problems would be taken up with the seller, but I wonder how well vetted the sellers are, and what happens if they 'disappear' after selling something.
The 'safety' relies on buying through PayPal, but how do I know that PayPal will 'protect' my payment?
Thoughts please ....
Community Updates
7 Comments
La who de heyyyyy
Quercus5505/12/2019 10:52

La who de heyyyyy

You are being too young and trendy for an old fart like me. Does that mean 'who are they?' ... as mentioned, a 'marketplace' website, with supposedly good reviews.
chrizk05/12/2019 12:00

You are being too young and trendy for an old fart like me. Does that …You are being too young and trendy for an old fart like me. Does that mean 'who are they?' ... as mentioned, a 'marketplace' website, with supposedly good reviews.

Possibly means doublecheck the stated domain name / URL.
AndyRoyd05/12/2019 14:24

Possibly means doublecheck the stated domain name / URL.

Lol, even with an explanation, I dont get it, although it is a fair point, as I read it as 'one', not 'on'. The URL is onbuy.com/gb/
If anyone has any experience, it would be interesting to hear.
Is it odd that Trustpilot is getting so many reviews in such a short period of time?
uk.trustpilot.com/review/onbuy.com?utm_medium=trustbox&utm_source=MicroCombo
Edited by: "chrizk" 5th Dec 2019
chrizk05/12/2019 23:23

Lol, even with an explanation, I dont get it! Anyway, I was referring to …Lol, even with an explanation, I dont get it! Anyway, I was referring to the 'stated' company name (as shown in the banner of the web page). The URL is https://www.onbuy.com/gb/If anyone has any experience, it would be interesting to hear.Is it odd that Trustpilot is getting so many reviews in such a short period of time?https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/onbuy.com?utm_medium=trustbox&utm_source=MicroCombo

Yes, onbuy is a marketplace, describing itself as an "Amazon alternative".
All the co disclosures as required by The Company, Limited Liability Partnership and Business (Names and Trading Disclosures) Regulations 2015 are stated in para 14 of t&c at onbuy.com/gb/…ms/
The MD stated at CH is mentioned by name and photo on the "About Us" page at onbuy.com/gb/…ut/
The geo location of the domain name IP is Manchester (says domaintools).
A purchase funded by PayPal will have the usual "buyer protection" as defined by PayPal.
Thanks AndyRoyd, appreciate the confirmation. My purchase was Apple Airpods. Fortunately someone added a HotUKDeal @ o2 shortly after, so I went with that instead.
chrizk05/12/2019 23:42

Thanks AndyRoyd, appreciate the confirmation. My purchase was Apple …Thanks AndyRoyd, appreciate the confirmation. My purchase was Apple Airpods. Fortunately someone added a HotUKDeal @ o2 shortly after, so I went with that instead.

No problem. Encouraging to see someone on HUKD actually perform some pre-purchase due diligence.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions