anyone used scan.co.uk?

Posted 19th Apr 2016
been tempted to get another zenfone 5 after selling mines due to poor battery life - i had the 2gb ram but 3g only model & it was ex display though i've heard battery life is an issue on them all...

someone posted a deal on here from ebuyer for the 16gb 4g 2gb ram version for 80 (http://www.ebuyer.com/669905-asus-zenfone-5-lte-16gb-smartphone-purple-a500kl-1f087ww)

but i see scan is selling at the same price (different colour options) scan.co.uk/pro…-re
this seems to be the 16gb 4g 2gb ram model but the description says something about christmas so is clearly out of date/wrong
they also have the other model listed on their site (1gb ram 3g 8gb memory) for more expensive scan.co.uk/pro…ean
hence my confusion.

i've no experience ordering from scan so not sure how trustworthy their prod descriptions are etc.

I would go for scan over ebuyer as they have the color I want in the 16gb 4g variant but ebuyer dont

can anyone confirm? (also if anyone out there with a zen5 wants to comment on battery life that would be an added bonus)
Community Updates
New Comment

12 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Better off calling them scam.co.uk

They're mostly ok just if you have a faulty item don't expect support, they'll either ignore you or invent some damage and refuse to fix. Well documented on Google and I've seen multiple incidents of manufacturers having to step in and offer to fix parts for free after scan claimed user damage and wanted ridiculous amounts to repair.

They've offered deals to me before, agreed a price, I called up to place the order, confirmed a price, gave me card details and they've mumbled ok so that will be £xxx.xx and it was £30 more than agreed. They've then gone back and deleted the Facebook post with the deal on and denied it existed (I had screenshots). They'd not confirmed the order so I told them to forget and went elsewhere.

A friend urgently needed pc parts the next day, all parts said next day available at he paid the £12 for next day, ordered hours before the cut off, nothing turned up. He rang and got no where, eventually after multiple attempts he was told that it's not guaranteed and it's only next day of they're not very busy. They wouldn't cancel/refund as it was in the packing stage eventually it all turned up 4 days later and even after complaining they wouldn't refund the £12 next day postage. Personally I'd have refused the delivery and done a credit card charge back if it was me. He just stopped using them along with most the people I know.

If your item turns up and never breaks you'll be find, otherwise good luck.
    dcx_badass

Better off calling them scam.co.ukThey're mostly ok just if you have a … Better off calling them scam.co.ukThey're mostly ok just if you have a faulty item don't expect support, they'll either ignore you or invent some damage and refuse to fix. Well documented on Google and I've seen multiple incidents of manufacturers having to step in and offer to fix parts for free after scan claimed user damage and wanted ridiculous amounts to repair. They've offered deals to me before, agreed a price, I called up to place the order, confirmed a price, gave me card details and they've mumbled ok so that will be £xxx.xx and it was £30 more than agreed. They've then gone back and deleted the Facebook post with the deal on and denied it existed (I had screenshots). They'd not confirmed the order so I told them to forget and went elsewhere. A friend urgently needed pc parts the next day, all parts said next day available at he paid the £12 for next day, ordered hours before the cut off, nothing turned up. He rang and got no where, eventually after multiple attempts he was told that it's not guaranteed and it's only next day of they're not very busy. They wouldn't cancel/refund as it was in the packing stage eventually it all turned up 4 days later and even after complaining they wouldn't refund the £12 next day postage. Personally I'd have refused the delivery and done a credit card charge back if it was me. He just stopped using them along with most the people I know. If your item turns up and never breaks you'll be find, otherwise good luck.

Completly agree with this horrendous customer support, messages are just ignored,if you get an RMA its at your own cost, might as well buy cheap from China.
    scan is OK I have bought from them no issues
    I've used them before when buying PC parts. Everything went smooth. They're rated 9/10 on trustpilot out of 2500 reviews. Trust them.
    uk.trustpilot.com/rev….uk
    Yep, I've used them, all fine
    I have used them many times and they've been great.
    Check out the free delivery options, last time I checked if you sign up for a few forums and make x number of posts you get free delivery.
    Author
    thanks for the quick responses. just seems strange how they have the lower spec'd model of the same phone for a higher price.
    well if i talk myself into buying the phone i'll opt for scan!
    Good company and great after care support. If you're building a machine just remember to take their cheap insurance in case your damage a part. £10 saved me a new motherboard. Knowledgeable people and helpful before and after in my experience.
    no probs with stuff or staff
    Fabulous service from the staff and excellent equipment and customer care. I have known the team since the early 90s when they were based out of a small lock up! Happy Days!
    Used them many times over the years, no problems even when returning items.
's avatar
Top Merchants