Best way to sell old computer games?

Posted 9th Jul 2023
Is ebay the best way these days? Got loads of old switch and vita games I want to sell as I've rebought them on the steam deck, but I know recorded delivery is a nightmare for costs so wondering what the best place to use to sell and post them would be?

Thanks
Community Updates
New Comment

14 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    I'd eBay them, wait for a fvf fee offer though, sell buy it now after doing your research for an attractive price to both yourself and any buyers, and buy postage online sending rm tracked, you can pay more for tracked with signature if you really want one but presumably these items will be postable, tracked gets a photo on delivery plus a GPS confirmation of location which as far as eBay are concerned will negate any claims of non delivery from dodgy buyers so you should be safe from any of that rubbish.
    CEX I'd go for, at least you can check what prices you'd get. If you're happy with the price, job done.
    Author
    Wow I thought they were going to be awful but just checked and they pay £16 for metal gear solid on the vita... But then checked ebay and it's going for £30! No idea vita games had increased in price these days
    I’ve just traded in about £1500 worth of games to CEX ranging from Mega Drive to current gen. I’ve fallen out of love with gaming a bit due to a number of factors but mainly lack of time so had a similar dilemma about where to ship them off to.

I was going to use eBay to sell them but the convenience of CEX won out. It’s a lot of effort to sell on eBay when you’re working in bulk, there’s a lot of moving parts and it’s a pain dealing with fussy customers and inevitable delivery issues etc. Obviously CEX only gives you a % of the market value but unless you’re absolutely desperate to get as much money as possible they’d be my recommended vendor in an instance like that especially as once the trade is done there’s no comeback or moaning.
    u must have 10,000s of games to get that much....
's avatar