Can apple watches be blacklisted?

Posted 5th Jan 2016
in the same way phones can? I'm assuming iPads and iPhones can be blocked if stolen - advice appreciated
Community Updates
New Comment

8 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    They can be listed as lost or stolen but they cannot be blocked. They connect to the iPhone via Bluetooth which means they will work should they be connected to an iPhone that is fully functioning/working.
    Author
    nrackham76

They can be listed as lost or stolen but they cannot be blocked. They … They can be listed as lost or stolen but they cannot be blocked. They connect to the iPhone via Bluetooth which means they will work should they be connected to an iPhone that is fully functioning/working.

Thank you!
    Author
    nrackham76

They can be listed as lost or stolen but they cannot be blocked. They … They can be listed as lost or stolen but they cannot be blocked. They connect to the iPhone via Bluetooth which means they will work should they be connected to an iPhone that is fully functioning/working.

Does that mean that iPads cannot be blocked too?
    LogicalHarm

Does that mean that iPads cannot be blocked too?

The one with sim card slots can be blacklisted, but that only stops them being used with a sim. They'll work without one as any other ipad will.
    They can be blocked just like the phones, if activation lock is switched on by the user (it is suggested at setup). Activation lock is basically Find My Apple Watch. They can't be 'blocked' in terms of their IMEI being blacklisted though, since they don't take a SIM.
    You can carry on using your stolen watch OP (_;)
    Author
    benjammin316

You can carry on using your stolen watch OP (_;)

Haha, I can hand in my heart honestly say that I don't own an apple watch, or iPad even for that matter - I'm too poor and i'd never in my life steal anything!
's avatar