Car batteries - Tanya car batteries

Posted 28th Sep 2021
I've just been looking for a new car battery and came across Tanya batteries.

Has anyone used them? They are about £30 cheaper than Eurocarparts but never heard of them.

Any help, much appreciated
Community Updates
New Comment

15 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Yep, had no problems with them.
    Yes they are a big supplier. I use them all the times 5*
    I'm guessing it's Tayna batteries. If so I used them. The battery came very well packaged with full instructions on what tabs to remove and when (they are there for transportation purposes). The price was very good and delivery was very quick. I'd use them again, but hopefully I don't have to.
    Yes, assuming you mean Tayna batteries, bought quite a large battery from them a while back, I'd never had a battery delivered before and was a bit concerned it might get damaged in transit but it was fine, it was very well packed.
    Would happily use them again. (edited)
    Same here, bought a Varta battery from Tayna during the early days of lockdown last year and it was delivered quickly without problems.
    Yes here too.

However if your old battery is not holding charge try asking your mechanic to power charge it for you. They usually have high power chargers that reconditions (desulfates) older batteries back to life. Also, mechanic can quickly test if it's your alternator that's shot.

If you're a diy'er you can desulfate battery yourself (search YouTube) if you can get hold of an old charger on eBay - must be a charger without any electronics in it, basically just a big transformer.
    Author
    Thank you everyone. Massive help
    Used them all good.
    Batterymegastore ( good if your disabled as let you off the vat by filling out form. )
    Yeah her batteries are just like she is - totally fine
    Tayna are a big company massive in fact, and they make batteries for other companies too. Excellent quality. Can't go wrong.
    Don’t take the Tanya websitebattery recommendations at face value - they tend to recommend their own line of batteries. Their website also lacks important specs for the batteries. Aside from that they are fine Also take a look at alphabatteries alpha-batteries.co.uk/ (edited)
    Good however when you want to make a warranty claim expect a long process where you'll need to submit a battery health report. How to do this, take the dead battery to a specalist and pay for the report!
    Yep they are great only ever buy from them. One thing I would add. Bizarrely you are sometime better off buying through their eBay shop as often there is a further discount they can’t match on their own website.
    gari18928/09/2021 18:30

Don’t take the Tanya websitebattery recommendations at face value - they t …Don’t take the Tanya websitebattery recommendations at face value - they tend to recommend their own line of batteries. Their website also lacks important specs for the batteries. Aside from that they are fine Also take a look at alphabatteries https://www.alpha-batteries.co.uk/

Agree about recommendations, often battery sites give wrong size. Got to double-check size yourself. By size I mean dimensions.
's avatar