Cash refund from lastminute.com

Posted 20th Nov 2021
Hey all,

I was just wondering if you have had any experiences with getting cash refunds from last minute.
I booked a flight with Qatar airways, the last minute t&c say:

Amendments, cancellations, no-shows and/or refunds

If you wish, or the airline wishes, to amend or cancel your Flight booking for any reason, we will deal with the amendment or cancellation between you and the airline. Your eligibility for refunds or any other compensation will be subject to the cancellation policy applied by the airline, in accordance with your contract (including the airline’s Fare Rules and Conditions of Carriage).

This sounds to me like they will go with what the airlines policy is, and in this case Qatar airways are currently offering flexibility on all flights including ones bought from travel agents. (Shown here)

Last minute are saying they can only offer a refund of the airport taxes portion of the ticket. Which is about 25%

They’re offering a change for nearly £1000 extra lol it’s cheaper to get a new ticket.

I’m thinking about doing a chargeback / section 75 but worried they may do a clawback after the flight date.

Have any of you had any similar experiences? Or able to share any advice

Thanks
Community Updates
New Comment

5 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    stubbadub20/11/2021 11:05

I had to go through s75 with them last year. Once jet2 cancelled my flight …I had to go through s75 with them last year. Once jet2 cancelled my flight to ibiza at the start of all this, i contacted them for a refund. They told me it would cost £600 pp to cancel whereas the whole trip was originally £540pp.Spoke to credit card company and they said I had to wait, I think, 4 weeks or so to give them a chance to refund. They didn't so cc refunded. I did get an email from lastminute at the start of this year saying that I was now entitled to a refund

The issue with all these agents is that none of the airlines refunded them the money in the pandemic. Since they themselves operate on thin margins and use the customer's money to source the tickets, it was unlikely they would dip into their own pockets to refund as that would have almost guaranteed a business shutdown.

Not defending them, just pointing out the issue.
    What was their response when you pointed out their own terms and the airline's policy at the time the ticket was booked?
    I had to go through s75 with them last year. Once jet2 cancelled my flight to ibiza at the start of all this, i contacted them for a refund. They told me it would cost £600 pp to cancel whereas the whole trip was originally £540pp.

Spoke to credit card company and they said I had to wait, I think, 4 weeks or so to give them a chance to refund. They didn't so cc refunded. I did get an email from lastminute at the start of this year saying that I was now entitled to a refund
    If you still want to go and don't mind having a change of date, you could try approaching Qatar Airways directly. Wasn't there something in the news that all international flights to Qatar are suspended for the time being? Its best to check that first. If that is the case, chargeback would be your best option. (edited)
    Author
    bozo00720/11/2021 07:13

What was their response when you pointed out their own terms and the …What was their response when you pointed out their own terms and the airline's policy at the time the ticket was booked?

They keep giving generic responses and avoiding the answer to the question.. answers like we cannot guarantee a full refund etc
    However I am still in contact with them trying to get them to confirm that it’s black and white that I’m meant to be getting a refund. Don’t know if it will get anywhere..
's avatar