Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Dji avata drone returned item

Posted 3rd Aug 2023
After some opinions on what people would do in my situation.
I bought one of the avata deals on argos, picked it up from a store 30mins away. It seems like it’s a returned item, doesn’t look used but hard to tell. I contacted customer services which wasn’t easy, and told them I’d like either a refund or a partial refund. Got there and they started by offering me a £13 refund. Eventually this was increased to £38 at which point I was told I tiger take it or return the drone. Would you guys be worried in anyway about the drone having being opened etc? It all seems to work fine so no issues there as of yet
Community Updates
New Comment

11 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Think I inputted into the original thread. If possible and have photos of the original state when purchased taking into the store would have resulted in best outcome. If it works, no visible of use I'd say keep it and take the discount. (edited)
    Author
    I did that, the drone seemed unused but had definitely been unpackaged and handled. Fingerprints etc
    I have had items that looked like they have been returned and as long as it works, I don't really mind.
    I think you have to register DJI drones before you can use their software.

Might be wrong but pretty sure I had to.

I also would have thought if you call DJI & give them the serial number they will tell you. (edited)
    Author
    I did check that, it hadn’t been registered, but if it’s been opened and not used what was the reason? Back of my mind worries that items have been swapped maybe? I’m really not sure, just after opinions whether people would be happy keeping it or not
    Absolutely no chance, for that kind of item. Return and exchange
    Author
    Problem is it was on clearance, they have no be in stock. Nightmare, argos is really bad at customer service
    Surely, at this point, only you can now answer!?

If you're not happy with a 'used item' return for a refund. If you don't mind and welcome the reduced price, then keep it. Seemingly, it's unregistered, and you'll get the full warranty. (edited)
's avatar