Free EV (Electric Vehicles) Charging - Selected Stores (Membership Required) at Costco

Posted 28th Jul 2023
Costco is in the process of introducing electric vehicle (EV) charging points at their locations. Currently, seven stores already have these charging stations available, and the best part is that the service is currently offered for free. To utilize the charging points, you can inquire at the tyre bay, and the staff will guide you through the procedure. It's worth noting that this information is not advertised publicly; instead, you can discover the availability of EV charging points by checking the Store Finder on their website.
Community Updates
New Comment

4 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    I wish you didn’t have to speak to the tyre people for the RFID card. If you could use your own card on them I would happily plug in here.

But standing around waiting for them to start and end your charge sessions is just inconvenient and doesn’t feel worthwhile considering it’s only a 5kW post at my local Costco.

I’ve plugged in once, and I think that’s the only time I have ever seen an EV charging there. So I suspect others share the same views about it being a hassle.
    I assume that once they've done all the installs and gone public it will be easier.

At the moment the membership cards aren't rfid are they?