Lidl Beer Greedflation

Posted 14th Nov 2023
Just for the hell of it they're ramping up the price of own brand beer and cider before Christmas. Example this French brewed ersatz German lager not long ago it was £0.99 4236220-lpNaP.jpg
Community Updates
New Comment

13 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Aldi wheatbeer has gone from £1.25 to £1.69 in year now more expensive than some premium beers.
    Prices rise and that's OK, but what I've found with LIDL on two of their alcohol products is not only have they put the price up, they have lowered the alcohol volume, as such the ingredients have changed and they are no longer as nice, they taste completely different. That's my reason for not buying them, as they are now a different product.

I've pretty much stopped shopping at LIDL now and it won't be long before I stop shopping at ALDI. Own brands are sky rocketting where 'big' brands aren't. I suppose it's because the big brands have been robbing us all along and now they actually compete.

LIDL are actually a food distributor before a supermarket chain. They should be much much cheaper with the volumes they trade. (edited)
    How do you know it's just for the hell of it? Do you have access to the costs of the raw materials and running costs of the brewery that produces this for Lidl for the last 12 months??

For all you know they could have been absorbing wholesale price increases for some time.....
    In my experience, people who usually rant about businesses, their products pricing, etc have never run a business themselves or been responsible for the P&L of a company division and the people who work there; there is just a sense of unfounded entitlement fueled usually by tabloid / social media. Same with those unhappy about Nectar / Club card pricing and the loss of privacy, without realising that just being online means no privacy these days. (edited)
    They've been ripping the beer and cider prices for a while now.
    If you want to save you need to fly to Poland
    Wow, a shop putting up their prices, whatever next!
    Author
    Excessively over and above inflation
    It's a shame really. As the other stores increase. They can but by less and still claim to be cheaper. Only in Britain
    Perlenbacher has been £1.49 for months. I'm not sure how much it was last year but there's been no increase since the summer.
's avatar